FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First to be fair I'll start off by saying Im a O.C.D. kind of person . If I order something from a company and then 2 days later they send me a shipping confirmation with a tracking number saying that the package has been shipped I expect my package to be on the way . So today I checked the UPS tracking and it says that UPS has hasn't received the package yet so I called urban ERT and they tell me there's been a delay and it should be shipped out by the next day or two .... I would expect them to send me an email saying there's a delay the process and will let you know when the package is going to be shipped , I just feel its kind of deceptive to say that the package has been shipped but they know its backstock or there having problems filling orders , they should let the customer know that as soon as they know . I've had this happen a few times b4 with a company saying they have the item but they don't or its back ordered & I've had to cancel the order after a few days .. I'm gonna wait till the end of tomorrow & if it's not on the UPS tracking system I'm gonna cancel the order cause you never know how long they may take . It would have never have been a problem if they just would have let me know about the hold up .... Am I over reacting ?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
"Florence Y'all" - - not an overreaction, many of us have been there before and I agree with you...a little honest communication goes a long way in todays retail world....customer service and honest communication seems to be a challenge for many retailers in the current climate! For the record I have made 3 purchases from ERT without any issues in the past. Sorry for your trouble-its a darn nice sling!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Florence Y'all" - - not an overreaction, many of us have been there before and I agree with you...a little honest communication goes a long way in todays retail world....customer service and honest communication seems to be a challenge for many retailers in the current climate! For the record I have made 3 purchases from ERT without any issues in the past. Sorry for your trouble-its a darn nice sling!!!
thanks for the input , every business has a little hold up for some reason every now and then which is to be expected when you're dealing with a lot of people but like I said I just wish they would have said something to me I really like the product and I really want one so I hope everything works out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked & UPS has just received the package & it should be here tomorrow , if everything goes smooth from here on out I will be happy & do business with them in the future.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have bought a couple slings from Matt at urban ERT. He usually ships super fast, like next day so something must have happened. The wait will be worth it the slings are very nice.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have bought a couple slings from Matt at urban ERT. He usually ships super fast, like next day so something must have happened. The wait will be worth it the slings are very nice.
Agreed I have had nothing but good dealings with this company as far as roaddog with you being in IN aswell UPS ships same day in state. I am in Oh and usually get mine in 2 though. OP you will be more than happy with your wait when you get the sling.

·
Registered
228 Posts
As someone who sells stuff on the internet, I can tell you what likely happened. They got your order. They fulfilled your order online and created a pre-paid shipping label. They did not have your product ready to put in the box. Their system sent you an automatic email with tracking number generated by pre-paid shipping label creation. Until UPS gets the package in hand, it will just give you that message that the package hasn't actually shipped yet.

Does it make it right? No. But I bet it was an honest mistake.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
When you spoke to him, did you ask what the delay was???

He may have jus been busy.

I have ordered from him as well. No issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered mine on the 27th, it's here today. Now I just have to figure out by what sorcery it goes onto the rifle, lol.

--Jak

·
Registered
22,109 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the adapter, and its a great piece of work. I will let you know also that the SRB clips used on it, and the ones on the Condor slings (I have the STRIKE sling), are identical and interchangeable. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As someone who sells stuff on the internet, I can tell you what likely happened. They got your order. They fulfilled your order online and created a pre-paid shipping label. They did not have your product ready to put in the box. Their system sent you an automatic email with tracking number generated by pre-paid shipping label creation. Until UPS gets the package in hand, it will just give you that message that the package hasn't actually shipped yet.

Does it make it right? No. But I bet it was an honest mistake.

That's exactly what happened , I received the sling a day after I talked to them and cleared everything up . I'm very satisfied and must say it is a must have accessory for anyone with a PS90 , I will definitely do more business with them .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts