FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked long and hard at all the sling designs in the various photos across the internet. There are a few choices out there. I kinda liked the Stargate sling, but thought I would look silly walking around w/ that in the summer time wearing a t-shirt :p

Anyway, I knew I wanted a single point sling, and the Urban ERT sling seemed to be the best one. Instead of using the built in sling hole on the stock, it just wraps around the stock instead. By using the built in hole, the center of gravity would change a bit, and the gun would tilt more when it hangs from the sling.

Urban ERT's sling allows the PS90 to just hang straight down.

When the sling came in, I was easily able to install it. It works for right or left handed people, and he offers the sling in 3 different colors. As I have a black PS90, I went with a black sling (green PS90 owners would probably like the green colored sling).

Here is a photo of my carrying the gun with the sling.



And, a photo with the strap on the PS90 itself...



Since I bought mine, He has come out with a 2 point sling that does not have to be attached to the barrel. Owners of the single point sling can buy the necessary attachments w/o having to buy the entire thing all over again. But for this, I believe one must contact him directly. I'm not sure if he has the additional parts listed on his website by themselves.

And, now that he does sell the 2 point sling, I no longer see the single point one for sale on his website. I am sure if U write to him directly from the site, however, U can get one. After my order, he and I traded e-mails several times as he showed me his progress with the new two point sling.

I have decided not to upgrade because I do not believe his two-point sling will work with the accessories I have strapped onto my side rails. I believe the sling itself would push against my flashlight when the gun is hanging down. I'm also satisfied with the single point by itself.

Anyway - here is a link to his website:

http://www.urbanertslings.com/twopotasesl.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
PS90 sling

ShipWreck,

Been wondering about those slings, interesting post. I'm using a Sling Systems 3 point sling on mine. We use them on our duty M4's at work, and turned out to be just right(for me at least) on my PS 90. It can be used as a 2 or 3 point sling, and even though you don't need it with the PS90, has a snap to put slack in the system to transition to your support side. If you can send me instructions on how to post pictures, will take some and put them up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: PS90 sling

gregg877 said:
ShipWreck,

Been wondering about those slings, interesting post. I'm using a Sling Systems 3 point sling on mine. We use them on our duty M4's at work, and turned out to be just right(for me at least) on my PS 90. It can be used as a 2 or 3 point sling, and even though you don't need it with the PS90, has a snap to put slack in the system to transition to your support side. If you can send me instructions on how to post pictures, will take some and put them up.
I sent U a PM w/ instructions on posting photos :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
URBAN-E.R.T. Slings

Hello everybody,
The slings that we make use the same main 2" body, however can now be reconfigured to be single point, two point and three point slings. When you purchase the URBAN-SENTRY (US2), it arrives with all of the components necessary to be configured into both single point and two point modes with two weapon specific Lanyards. This is the sling that we released at the Shot Show in Orlando. If you goto our website, and click on the Sling Installation tab on the left, there is an available video link to see this sling in action, and how to configure it from a single point to a two point sling. Anyone having questions can contact me directly for additional assistance.

Best regards,
Cpl. Matthew Murray, President CEO
URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, LLC
www.urbanertslings.com
[email protected]
Defense T.E.C., Inc., Training Director
Firearms; Carbine & Handgun Instructor
Tactical SWAT Operator/Instructor
3892 Woods Bay Lane Plainfield, Indiana 46168
317-223-6509 USA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
P9X-F Lanyard

I forgot to mention that the front lanyard for the PS90/P90 does not use the side rails to attach to the weapon, and uses a thin strip of webbing to wrap around the front optics post where the magazine seats. It does not interfere with the seating of the magazine and if kept on the weapon in single point mode can be used to secure the front of the weapon to a Belt Lanyard. THis is helpful to prevent the weapon from dangling around while picking up brass, climbing, or running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I ordered one of these last weekend and recvd it on Weds (would have got it Tuesday but UPS did a whoops!).
Very happy with the fit and quality. Using it in a single-point config as the TR version doesn't have a mount up front. Considering a sling mount point for one of the side rails so I can experiment with a two point config.

Thinking about getting another one so I'll have a dedicated sling for my AR pistols.

Thanks for a great product and rapid order Matt!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed my flashlight last week on the inside side rail of my PS90. I am thinking that I might order that extra portion from Urban ERT to make it a 2 point sling just to try it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
front P9X-F Lanyard

Shipwreck,
I can't remember if you have the newer version sling that converts from a single point to a two point. If you do, the P9X-F front lanyard is $10.83 + $4.50 shipping USPS Priority mail. We are running a store wide 10% off sale. If you don't have the convertible URBAN-SENTRY (US2) sling, you can send it back, and I will retrofit it for you at no charge, and use the purchase & shipping for the P9X-F lanyard to send it back to you. Same day turn around.

Also, if your side rail is open now, you can get the rail mounted loop that you can use one of our HK or MASH Lanyards on instead of the P9X-F lanyard. You can get the loop at; http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_sling_adapters.htm,
part number;
M15-MCTAR-TS (Loop Front)

Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Re: front P9X-F Lanyard

URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS said:
Also, if your side rail is open now, you can get the rail mounted loop that you can use one of our HK or MASH Lanyards on instead of the P9X-F lanyard. You can get the loop at; http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_sling_adapters.htm,
part number;
M15-MCTAR-TS (Loop Front)

Thanks again.
That one and the GG&G version, http://gggaz.com/index.php?id=118&parents=38,48 , are exactly what I'm looking at now. The MI piece looks like it may be a bit smaller which would be a plus.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
Based on the good reviews here, I just ordered the URBAN-SENTRY (US2) with the extra belt lanyard. :)

Thanx!

TA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: front P9X-F Lanyard

URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS said:
Shipwreck,
I can't remember if you have the newer version sling that converts from a single point to a two point. If you do, the P9X-F front lanyard is $10.83 + $4.50 shipping USPS Priority mail. We are running a store wide 10% off sale. If you don't have the convertible URBAN-SENTRY (US2) sling, you can send it back, and I will retrofit it for you at no charge, and use the purchase & shipping for the P9X-F lanyard to send it back to you. Same day turn around.

Also, if your side rail is open now, you can get the rail mounted loop that you can use one of our HK or MASH Lanyards on instead of the P9X-F lanyard. You can get the loop at; http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_sling_adapters.htm,
part number;
M15-MCTAR-TS (Loop Front)

Thanks again.
I just ordered the front loop. Thanks for the help :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE -

Since converting the single point sling to a two point sling - I REALLY like this sling.

Urban ERT is the only one I've seen to use a lanyard to connect to the reciever in that spot in front of the magazine. That was pretty clever. Much better than those cigar cutter-type attachments that go on the barrel. And, one need not spend the extra cash for one of those rings that can hook onto the side rails.

It's very confortable to carry the gun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ANOTHER UPDATE!

Urban ERT makes an extra long PS90 lanyard to fit the Critical Dimension buttstock extension.

I already had it, and since I decided to use the polymer extension, I threw it on the gun. Works very well. Fits nice and tight. Highly recommend it!



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Just got the sling in today. Ordered 10 pm Friday, received monday. Wow!. Great folks!

Sling construction is excellent. I have not mounted it yet, but so far am VERY pleased with the product, and the customer service is tops.

T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
I ordered a black one for my black PS90 and liked it so much I ordered a multi-colored one for my ODG PS90. Best slings I've ever owned. The fit on the PS90 is superb. I'm looking into attachments to put on a few other rifles I own so I can use my sling with them.

Great customer service and fast shipping. And the installation/use videos are a big plus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
I have been using this sling system for about 2.5 months now and it is great. I use it on multiple weapons that each have their own attachment pieces - 2 - AR 15s, a shotgun, and 2 - 9m carbines

Highly recommend this sling. The web site will help you pick out the different components that you might need for your different weapons.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top