FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I need optics for my scar 17 I've narrowed it down to the night force 2.5-10x32 and the us optic sr8s with a blue dot i'm looking to shoot between 100 and 800 yards I don't know anyone who has the us optics and haven't heard anything about the blue dot so any info would be much appreciated I love the mil r reticle on the night force
I should mention i'm new to scopes I use halo graphic sights on my AK's and I have my brothers night force and his repr while he is deployed so i'm semi familiar with the NF

·
Registered
609 Posts
My pref is the nightforce 2.5-10x32. There is a x42 model out but i prefer the slimmer x32. I also use a trijicon accupoint tr24g for pig hunting and other fast mover hunting. I use them on a scar17s

My nf has the moar reticle with moa turrets makes ranging simple to translate it all via moa.
Us optics makes decent gear. It boils down to personal pref and does it do what your looking for.

A lot of folks may think im a little off because i prefer moa to milrad. I dont understand milrad i dont want to relearn and thinking in moa is natural to me.

You have to pick what your comfy with. Ive never heard anything negative about either product so pick the one that has features you want

·
Registered
128 Posts
Both ar good glass. The main difference is simple, if needed, you can remove the US optics and use it as a club or a hammer, then put it back on the rifle with less than 2% accuracy difference. Personally, for most uses, I would look at the vortex line. Best warranty out there and prices are really cheap. And yes I'm a fan of us optics, I have the sn9 with 80mm objective.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Both ar good glass. The main difference is simple, if needed, you can remove the US optics and use it as a club or a hammer, then put it back on the rifle with less than 2% accuracy difference. Personally, for most uses, I would look at the vortex line. Best warranty out there and prices are really cheap. And yes I'm a fan of us optics, I have the sn9 with 80mm objective.
You can hammer a nxs with zero shift :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts