FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of those new 45 HK USPs with the fiber optic front sight?

I thought I read a while back at HK Pro some neg comments - about people finding the stock sights more accurate than the fiber optic front sight - something about the fiber optic being too fat or something...

Can anyone comment on this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I posted a picture of my USP Custom Combat in Urban Gray, it has them. Im not really fond of them, prefer Meprolight for fixed and MMC for adjustable night sights. Im putting MMC on a custom Colt 1911 Steve Morrison is building me.

Thats going to be a stainless Colt 'Enhanced' top end, on a hard chrome frame. :cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ship,

Good question on an interesting subject. It really depends if you are shooting paper or people. I use XS Big Dot sights, which probably are similar to these sights, maybe bigger. They are not the best target sights, but great combat sights. But, I can shoot tight groups with it as well, just like you can shoot people with target sighted guns.

Here is a great video that Yeager of Tactical Response did to show how well the Big Dots work:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks for the opinion, Kost. I liked the look of those tan USPs, but I don't wanna have to change the sights..

I have a front fiber optic on my Buckmark I like, but it is hard to shoot well with it at my indoor range - where I shoot most of the time. It is sweet at the outdoor range - but, the fiber optic dot is pretty small on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts