FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to go shooting today - TWO handed finally (I had my left hand in a cast for a while in Nov).

Nice gun. Getting the hang of it after the first few mags. By the end of my range session, my groups got tighter. I know with a few more trips, I'll really be nailing the bullseyes

I didn't seem to have the issue I had when I first got my USpc 9mm. On the 9mm, I shot low for a long time, and it took me about 800 rounds to get over that. I even benched the gun because I swore the sights were off (never had that issue with any other gun).

But with the 45 - I didn't have that problem. Shot exactly where I wanted it to. I still shoot my fullsize P99 better, but I shot this gun about equal to what I do with my P99 compact. And, since this is a compact too (at least the barrel is - the USpc 45 has a fullsize grip) - I'm satisfied with that.

I know I'll get better and better with more range trips :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
No jamming or anything like that ship? Oh wait, it's an H&K :p FTW!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I didn't expect you would :? Glad you like it! Now, check out a p-30 :p

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iCeMaN said:
I didn't expect you would :? Glad you like it! Now, check out a p-30 :p
I thought about a P30L - but I already have a P99, P99c, FNP and USPc 9mm. I'm also waiting on a Custom 1911 that will be in 9mm. I'm fixed for 9mms, I think.

For what the P30L costs, I don't see much to be gained over what I already have.

I am interested in possibly buying a Sig 220 next year. It will have a longer barrel than my USPc 45, and is different than my MC Operator 1911. It wouldn't be a carry gun, but just a range toy - like my 1911 and my fullsize P99.

I've also always wanted one of those 380 Berettas, but I always seem to find an excuse to buy something else (I never get around to it).

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Glad you enjoy it :?

I'm tempted to pick one up...

so many guns, so little money...

Next year maybe, though I'm pretty set on getting an MC Operator next summer, so maybe next fall I'll pick up a USP or HK 45. Trouble is, used USP's are going for $600 around here.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
djv38 said:

Next year maybe, though I'm pretty set on getting an MC Operator next summer, so maybe next fall I'll pick up a USP or HK 45. Trouble is, used USP's are going for $600 around here.
NIB USP's at the gunshow are $615 here!!! :? :? :?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Furyataurus said:
djv38 said:

NIB USP's at the gunshow are $615 here!!! :? :? :?
::FF:: ::FF:: ::FF::

Why do people think they can rip us off here? I didn't see any new USP's at one of my local gun shops, but they do have new HK 45's and the compact version as well. I can't remember what they were asking for them, but I might be able to talk them down in price on one. I already talked to them about ordering me an MC Operator (they carry some Legendary's, but no operator's) and told them what I can find them for online, so I'd probably be paying around $1050 for one (tax not included).

Maybe if I let them know what I could get them for someplace else, they might come down a bit.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't seen USps that cheap here - I assume that is the 9m m price? As the 45s cost more.

I paid $688 for my 9mm USPc about 2.5 years ago. Here, they are another $100 now.

My 45 USPc was $826

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Got back from the gunshow!!! NIB HK45 and HK45C for $815!!! :evil: . I got to play with an FNAR and boy do I want 5 now!!!! :lol: . I'll settle for 1 FNAR, 1 PS90, 1 MSAR, and 1 XCR 5.56 with the 7.62x39 and 6.8 SPC conversions.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow you guys are getting scammed on your H&Ks :evil: :evil: I paid 1850 for my mk23, 700 for usp 45, 725 for p30, hk45 i think was close to 700 and all were bought brand new. Oh p2k i think was around 700 too

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
iCeMaN said:
Wow you guys are getting scammed on your H&Ks :evil: :evil: I paid 1850 for my mk23, 700 for usp 45, 725 for p30, hk45 i think was close to 700 and all were bought brand new. Oh p2k i think was around 700 too
If I get one, I may have to talk to you to pick one up for me (or use your dealer) and ship it to my FFL if I can't get them to come down on any.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered 1 last mag for my USPc 45 today - that puts me at six 8 rounders and one 10 rounder (HK45 mag) .

I usually try to get 6 mags per gun - so, I'm good.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
He doesn't typically have H&K's in but he can order them directly from the distributor and the come in a week or so :?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts