FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the rubber grip decals in today from Brownells. I cleaned the polymer with rubbing alcohol as directed, and placed them on.

Originally, I knocked out the oval part so U could still see "USP" written on the grip. But on 1 side, I didn't like the difference in height. On the left side while holding the gun 1 handed - you could feel the thickness of the grip and where it was missing. So, I went back in and put that cutout part back in. And, I eventually did it on the other side for uniformity.

Jury is still out about how I feel about it. Guess I'll have tow ait until I get to the range.

I really only bought them because I had something I couldn't clean out of the stock grip texture. It wasn't that big of a deal, so I thought I could hide it with this. I guess I'll see what I think about it over the next few weeks.

I'm used to my hand easily sliding over the frame when I first pick it up and put it in the proper grip. Then again, it's been years since I had a gun with the Hogue handall. So, I think after I get used to it, it won't be a big deal.

I almost got the 3M grip tape type decals. But, I wasn't sure if the little sand pieces wore off over time - like the Springfield Operator grips used to do. So, I got the rubber decals instead.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had these grips on it for a while now - and have shot it at the range a few times since putting them on.

I really like them. I've since also felt the "skateboard tape" type already installed on some HKs at the gun show. That stuff is just TOO "sticky" when you touch it. I am glad I bought the rubber decals instead.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have the rubber ones for my usp tactical, and really do like them. but the things i don't like is that when holstered, i have an iwb for it, is that it rubs pretty bad when you walk around, and mine are starting to peel off after about 3 months.

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I don't carry mine yet - and they seem to be on there pretty good for now. I wasn't sure if I liked them initially, because of the added thickness - but now I like them a lot :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts