FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a question for you all... will be heading out west for a couple of long hikes, hopefully broken up with a few stops to target PDs and coyotes... I've been searching the web for some insight into ammo for this purpose :th_bang: and then I realized I could take the much easier route and just post a question here! What's the best ammo to take along for this purpose for shooting with my SCAR 17?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Finding factory ammo will be tough because most of it is designed for deer. Hornady Zombie Max might do the trick ($33/box from Cabela's), but I don't have any personal experience with it.

A 308 will destroy PDs and yotes, so I hope you aren't intending to save the hides.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello all! I have a question for you all... will be heading out west for a couple of long hikes, hopefully broken up with a few stops to target PDs and coyotes... I've been searching the web for some insight into ammo for this purpose :th_bang: and then I realized I could take the much easier route and just post a question here! What's the best ammo to take along for this purpose for shooting with my SCAR 17?
I think I should add... I don't hand-load (yet...)....

·
Registered
359 Posts
The 17S would do fine for totes but even if you have one that shoots 1 moa it would be difficult to shoot and hit PD's at anything over 200 yards.MY PD rifle a 70"s Remington BDL Heavy Barreled Varmint rifle in 22-250 shoots between 0.3- 0.4 moa and its still tricky to hit those little varmints at anything over 250 yards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.