FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to pickup a PS90 SBR with SS190 ammo for a trial run as a patrol duty rifle. I currently carry an AR15, but I want a more compact system for sweeping buildings and wanted to add this to my tool belt.

I don't want it in the trunk because when the #@#* hits the fan usually whatever is with you or next to you is all you have time for. I am looking for a quick release locking system for a P90. They make them for the MP5 series and rifles/shotguns. I have had no luck looking for something I can modify for a P90.

The only system that may work is the locking bar/clamp is on a ratchet system like a handcuff. The baseplate for the stock would just be moved up to fit the shorter firearm.

Any other ideas? A stormcase in the trunk is plan B.

·
Registered
980 Posts
A storm-case in the trunk? If you're really concerned with being able to "sweep buildings" at a moments notice, (seams a little paranoid to me- but hey, to each his own), then just get a carry permit and carry your SBR under the seat of your car.
Most of the vehicle mounts are in police cars for liability reasons. I don't think it's necessary unless you're an officer. If your dept needs vehicle mounts I have instructions I can give you (I made some for the BCPD). Any sheet metal worker can fabricate a good mount for you. What do you mean with the handcuff ratchets? Do you want this thing to have a key?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I was not specific enough about my use. I am a police officer and this is for a police car. I am the department rangemaster and armorer. I am looking at the P90/PS90 as a tool to quickly deploy in the field.

I received authorization to purchase one for field test and was looking for a quick release system.

I am acutally going to call Patriot Products now about Esteves reply. Thanks.

Off duty the biggest gun I carry is a TRP Operator, but usually a 340PD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts