FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, two questions.

Velcro
First off, I have several applications where velcro makes sense on a few rifles I have....example...surefire laser with pressure switch...surefire light and pressure switch....etc. The laser came with velcro to use on the weapon...but over time with use and gunsmithing attach/detatch the stickyness of the velcro has worn off.

Examples: PS90 and AR15.

The velcro that came with my various surefire products was GREAT stuff.

I have been unable to find suitable velcro at your standard variety store like Wal-Mart and various craft stores. This velcro...even the kind labeled "Industrial strength" is totally WEAK. There are serious quality issues in your average adhesive velcro.

Does anyone have experience OR know of a velcro that has a suitable adhesive quality required by a rifle use application?

Grip Tape
I want to get some good grip tape like this guy has. Having it on the pistol is a GREAT idea.

Does anyone have experience with varous grip tape and where to buy it? I want a clean and neat job with good adhesive qualities.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have rubber decals for my HK USPc - they make them in rubber and "grip tape." Google "grip decal" or go to Brownells (the website) and search for "grip decal" or "pistol grip decal."

They have some already premade to fit certain firearms.

As for the velcro - I just buy whats at the store - I can't offer any other ideas....

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
All velcro will loose its hold as the hooks will break the fibers and this causes it to loose its hold, The only Velcro type stuff that wont loose its hold is the plastic type that instead of hook and loops has little balls on the end of shafts that will inter lock. they hold tight but do not lay flat like the cloth velcro or mold it's self as easily to curved surfaces. As fo the grip tape you can make your own patterns and cut it from board tape sold at skate board shops, I have also see it at Home Depot as non skid tape for ladders and stairs.

http://www.fastenation.com/category.php?id=254

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grip tape from a skateboard shop seems to be the thing to get.

I put some grip tape on my GLOCK 27 it as follows:

....and a fancy picture:

The grip tape really adds a bit of extra grip I otherwise would not have with the weapon. I tried it with wet hands...and the grip tape REALLY heps with that.

If you do this sort of thing...try to AVOID having the grip tape end in "points"....do rounded edges...that seems to have less of a tendency to peal up.

I hope you can see it here...but each edge is rounded....

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that seems cool too. I am sort of "craft" oriented...so I enjoyed designing my own shape on paper and then transferring it onto the sheet of grip tape. I played with it for quite a while before I found the shape that fits perfectly.

PLUS, I cut the shape out BACKWARDS the first time. Got a chuckle out of that. What a retard.

A sheet of grip tape for a skateboard is 1" x 3" long...so I have a LOT of grip-tape left over. I think it cost me $6.30 or something like that for the whole sheet.

·
Registered
408 Posts
@ ick... just use them on your "left handed" guns ick hehehe

That's cool stuff, might have to buy some.

Zhur

1 - 8 of 8 Posts