FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The topic of protecting the ejection port has come up recently, and some people may not think to look at the "Product Review" section to find info on this.

So, I am posting it here to.

Ejecting brass can damage the poluer in the ejection port (just cosmetically). If U are interested in knowing more, go here:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=186

Some others here have used helecopter tape and other stuff. There are other options. Velcro is not permanent. That is why I like it.

Anyway - this post is mainly to help new site members who might miss the topic.......

·
Registered
569 Posts
+1 for the velcro. Works well, is inexpensive and non-permanent.
Tomac

·
Vendor
5,651 Posts
Definately velcro on a new rifle. I had already fired over 300 rds befor I figured this out. Oh well... My gun is a working gun anyway. Not a safe queen. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pics

What happened to your reference pictures of your velcro ShipWreck?
':evil:' I could've sworn I saw them less than a week ago...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Pics

gygee said:
What happened to your reference pictures of your velcro ShipWreck?
':evil:' I could've sworn I saw them less than a week ago...
They are at the link I posted in the 1st message above - But it appears that image shak is messed up. I can repost them tomorrow if they are still down then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that I would get a response so quick!
Thanks. Is there any particular type of velcro that you used?
I'm a little concerned with the nylon from the velcro melting from any type of heat from the spent casings...

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gygee said:
Wow, I didn't know that I would get a response so quick!
Thanks. Is there any particular type of velcro that you used?
I'm a little concerned with the nylon from the velcro melting from any type of heat from the spent casings...
Ok, the pics are coming up on that thread bow.

I used 3M Velcro - but it was some that I bought at Wal-mart several years ago. Use the soft 1/2 of the velcro, just cut it to fit, and slap it on.

I also put some on the "flap" part after my first trip. I think ordinarily, one might be able to skip putting it on "the flap," however - I shoot on sandbags a lot. And if the handbag covers the ejection port, the casings tend to bounce around in there more.

So, I added a bit more velcro to that after my first trip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Has anyone tried adhesive-backed felt for this? You can buy it at Lowe's and it's made to protect table tops and drawers from scratches. I think it might be a little thinner than velcro.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
The velcro really works well. Why are you considering felt? Is your PS90 green?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Errrrr.....it's BLACK felt, not that horrendous green.
It just seemed that the felt is a little smoother and thinner so it might work better. If you guys say velcro is better, then velcro it is. You have MUCH more experience with this stuff than me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts