FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just ordered my 17 and waiting like a kid at Christmas time for it to come in. Right now I'm planning on my goodies to put on her.

I was looking for some feedback on which set up you guys prefer. I was thinking a tangodown stubby foregrip with the atlas bipod or getting the grip pod that will serve duel purpose. Any pros and cons of each set up?

I'll be sure to post pics once she's in my arms

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
I use both, the Atlas bipod and the quick release Grip Pod (GPS-02) in FDE. I take the grip pod off at the range and use the Atlas. Its amazing. I figure If I needed to drop and take a quick shot, I would use the grip pod and reserve the Atlas for those situations when I have time to set up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My step father likes his grip pod. I use a mako FG (big sasquatch hands) and a GG&G bipod, and i love that set-up.

course my FG also has a tac-light slot and trigger activation which i threw a surefire in, i can have a pistol gripped tac-light if i choose to take it off. I also use my FG's internal storage compartment for the couple of allen wrenches i carry for my rifle.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would say it depends on how much offhand shooting you do. I have a GG&G bipod that don't normally have attached, and the shift in impact with it attached was pretty noticeable. Whereas with the GripPod, I'd say there wouldn't be much of an effect at all.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say it depends on how much offhand shooting you do. I have a GG&G bipod that don't normally have attached, and the shift in impact with it attached was pretty noticeable. Whereas with the GripPod, I'd say there wouldn't be much of an effect at all.
Thanks for the input. I might be leaning towards the grip pod then

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I like having 2 separate things. My grippod kept popping open when I didn't want it to. The atlas bipod is the bomb, get one of those and a separate grip. Troy makes an excellent grip that can be a stubby or full length.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts