FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the intention of putting at least 100-rds through the VP9 in its first outing with me, but time constraints (i.e. range closing time) only allowed me to run 50-rds of PMC 115-gr FMJ through it. A friend invited himself along at the last minute to try out his new Kahr P40, and that cramped my time with the VP9. Nonetheless, it's all good to try out two new pistols in one evening. I installed the smallest grip panels and backstrap and it makes for a very nice feel in my small hands.

After my experience with the horrid trigger pull on the Kahr, it pretty much killed my groove for any more slow fire precision shooting with the VP9. Luckily my young friend was still good to go with his hands & eyes coordination. I somewhat redeemed myself with the Mozambique drill. I'm looking forward to playing with the VP9 some more at longer distances.

My groups are on the right and my friend's groups are on the left.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I love mine. I've had it for a few months now, but I've only managed to put 500 rounds or so through it. It's a sweet shooting gun, and I hope HK gets the VP line going full swing. I really want a G19 sized version of this, and of course a .45acp (VP45 sounds cool right?) My threaded barrel just arrived earlier this week, and I plan on running it out to the range sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
We loved our VP9 so much that we bought 2 more. One for me and one for my wife and one extra just to have on hand.

My wife thinks it is the most accurate pistol we currently own.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks man. They look like pretty similar pistols. I have a couple P99's but have been interested in the PPQ since it was introduced. I wish I had bought one of the early models (M1) because I have come to really appreciate the paddle mag release. The new PPQ's (M2) have the button mag release. I know that I could probably find a PPQ M1 somewhere but the HK looks like it might be the way to go. (Nice shooting, BTW.)

That might encourage me to finally pull the trigger on the HK-45 that I've been lusting after, too. You know, every new gun purchase has to lead to another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts