FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Glock21 replacement, checked out the HK45, Glock41, and Sig227, and the FNX won out for me. 300 rounds so far, very impressed. Not a single FTE or FTF. FrogLube treated, my new goto home pistol. Figure I post up some pics. This was SSE'd for California purchase as it is not on the roster. I would like to CNC the slide or replace it with a Tactical slide for the RMR option.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice, congrats on the new FNX. I'd love to find a black tactical slide for mine as well some day.

Great pics too, nice depth of field.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Awesome pics! Love the fnx-45. Wish the tactical had the same two-tone as the regular. I think you would be happiest with getting your slide milled. Sits a lil lower on the slide, but downside is you gotta love the optic lol!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Congrats! and great pics!

·
Registered
660 Posts
That thing is beautiful! Love it!!! :?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome pics! Love the fnx-45. Wish the tactical had the same two-tone as the regular. I think you would be happiest with getting your slide milled. Sits a lil lower on the slide, but downside is you gotta love the optic lol!
Thank you, was not aware of that. if someone has any shops they can recommend with the CNC I would appreciate it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased an FNX in 9mm! I have small hands and a bit of arthritis in my fingers(old age). I was thinking about a Springfield XDM, but I own some Browning guns that were made by F N, and I've never had a problem with anything they make, so F N won out. Great company! I'm hoping to get out to the range next week with it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thank you, was not aware of that. if someone has any shops they can recommend with the CNC I would appreciate it
There are a lot of smiths that mill slides. But i dont know which ones do fn work. Your best bet is to google and see who is close to you. You also have to get your slide refinished. There is a pretty good investment in going the custom route. Imo if you have a optic that is your absolute favorite and have the money the dedicated mill is best.

hilton Yam has some good posts on red dot equipped pistols. And the difference in a dedicated milled slide and the slide milled for plates.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just curious why you picked the fnx-45 over the HK45. I'm having a terrible time choosing between the two. I have a FDE SCAR 17 that would match the FNX-45 perfectly. But the HK45 just fits my hand like a glove. I keep leaning toward the HK.. Help!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious why you picked the fnx-45 over the HK45. I'm having a terrible time choosing between the two. I have a FDE SCAR 17 that would match the FNX-45 perfectly. But the HK45 just fits my hand like a glove. I keep leaning toward the HK.. Help!!
While the HK45 also fit best in my hand, the recoil ruined the entire pistol, quick follow-up shots were not in the cards, for me. I dismissed it first due to this. Fire both, huge difference. When going into it, I thought the HK was going to be the one and the FNX last. That changed once I tested them all. I ended up ranking them-to myself- FNX45, Sig 227, HK45, Glock41.

·
Registered
105 Posts
While the HK45 also fit best in my hand, the recoil ruined the entire pistol, quick follow-up shots were not in the cards, for me. I dismissed it first due to this. Fire both, huge difference. When going into it, I thought the HK was going to be the one and the FNX last. That changed once I tested them all. I ended up ranking them-to myself- FNX45, Sig 227, HK45, Glock41.
Thank you for the reply. I hope to try out both soon also. The range had the fnx-45 in service so I had to compare the .40 to the hk45. I hope to try both together soon!

like said earlier, why not buy both?! Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts