FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’ve played with this vest. I’ve rolled around and crouched and twisted and bent over backwards and I really like this vest. It doesn’t pinch or poke you when fully loaded. I expected it to bind and hinder movement just because of the length of the mags. But I could move pretty freely and and did not feel overly encumbered. The vest is made of a lighter weight material then other vests but it is durable and hardy.

This Vest holds 4 mags, and they can be removed from the top or the bottom of the pouch (it is nice to use the 2 outside pouches from the bottom when in the prone position).

I would suggest that the front pouches be opened from the top only to save on labor and materials. (When ordering you can specify if you want Velcro or Clips)

It has 2 Inside Zipper Pockets (1 on the left and 1 on the right) that are great for maps and snacks.

It has a hydration Sleeve that can hold 2 full MRE packs comfortably instead of a water camel.
It has 4 Belt Keepers, I would suggest that there should be six in order to distribute the weight of the pistol, canteen, and any other pouch. (a belt does not come with this vest), Just mention you want 6 keepers when ordering. A belt is available for an additional $10.00 dollars.

The SLIP Pockets, behind the small utilities, are interesting and can be used for holding a small keychain LED light or pen.

The back of the vest has velcro for a Custom Name Tag, a Radio Pouch, (2) Tall Slender Utilities, on the sides by the magazine pouches, that can hold 200 rds of boxed ammo each or a small binocular and a utility tool.

The Integrated Sling System attaches from the top of the shoulders, thus Dispersing the weight of the PS90. The nice thing about the sling is that the PS90 can be detached just like the SG1 harness. It allows the shooter to shoot right handed or left handed

You can also detach the left sling buckle so that the rifle can hang down under the right arm.

You can flip the rifle over your head so it will hang on your back and be totally out of the way.

To bring it back to the front just unhook one of the shoulder snaps and swing the Rifle back around then re-hook the snap.

The one thing that I noticed was that it did not come with adjustable shoulders. I have bought other vests and Velcro shoulders are pretty standard and they are necessary in cold weather climates. When I put on my heavy winter coat the whole vest rose up. It will also help to ensure a snug fit since most people’s shoulders are uneven like mine.

I don’t mean to nit pick but it also didn’t come with a handle on the back like most vests. I’d suggest that it needs it to make it easier to pick up when fully loaded and for helping a buddy up when they are down.

The price was a little high at $169.00 (less 10% for forum members) but when you consider that it is custom made to your specifications right here in America, It is well worth the money.

I Highly recommend this vest to everyone!

M1P90

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions

"It has 4 Belt Keepers, I would suggest that there should be six in order to distribute the weight of the pistol, canteen, and any other pouch. (a belt does not come with this vest), "

I assume you would like to see two on each side of the Front of the Vest

thats an Easy Change

and I would like to hear from everyone else about it coming with a Belt, it would add about $10.00 to the cost, how do you guys feel about that

also whats everyone opinion on the Adjustable Shoulder's I have done them about 5% of the time, and its just as easy to do that way, do you guys think it should be an Option or a Standard feature

Robert

·
Vendor
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:shock:

YES!!!!
6 belt keepers are standard on other vests and adding a belt for $10.00 is a bargain. I had to dig up a spare one for mine but most people I Expect consider it standard. The velcro shoulders are very convenient to adjust for clothing and body types. Personally My left shoulder is higher then my right so the Right is always loose.
I did sew on 2" velcro straps so I can adjust them now. I just used the back velcro name tag area to connect the straps.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, I like the looks of that vest. Maybe one day I'll brake down and get one :) - For now, I'll stick with the shoulder holster mag carrier he made for me :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
6 P90 mag pouches

Hey guys n gals, do any of you have or have tried a 6mag (p90) vest? 3/side

Do 6 mags even fit on a vest?

If they fit would the 5th and 6th mag make the vest too uncomfortable?

Would the extra two mags interfere much with the built in harness/sling system.

It seems that if the vest was side entry Like Tran's vest, it would fit them much easier.

I am shortly going to order a vest from The Vestguy
I am debating if adding 2 mags is a viable option ... while either keeping or deleting the underarm pouches.

Thanks
Silent

·
Registered
349 Posts
Re: 6 P90 mag pouches

Silent_EarMusic said:
Hey guys n gals, do any of you have or have tried a 6mag (p90) vest? 3/side

Do 6 mags even fit on a vest?

If they fit would the 5th and 6th mag make the vest too uncomfortable?

Would the extra two mags interfere much with the built in harness/sling system.

It seems that if the vest was side entry Like Tran's vest, it would fit them much easier.

I am shortly going to order a vest from The Vestguy
I am debating if adding 2 mags is a viable option ... while either keeping or deleting the underarm pouches.

Thanks
Silent
You could easily get away with two more mags if you got rid of the Two Outside Utility Pockets

or if your are Really Big and can wear a 2 XL

you would have more of a chance on a Smaller vest if you did the Side Opening, but thats a personal Preference

Anything is Doable

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts