1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun Owners of America
GOA Calls for Resignation of
VA Secretary Eric Shinseki
“The most recent reports now list that number [of disarmed veterans] around 175,000.” -- Human Events, March 23, 2014

Within the past week, Gun Owners of America received an e-mail from a member being treated by the VA (Department of Veterans Affairs). *The member was also receiving Social Security benefits, and Social Security had appointed a guardian to manage his financial affairs.*

The member wrote us because the VA, based on the Social Security guardian, was moving to take his guns away.*

Although it is Standard Operating Procedure for the VA to appoint its own guardians and use this to justify its gun ban on more than 175,000 veterans, it now appears to us that the VA is searching for new “gun ban excuses” to strip even more veterans of their constitutional rights.*

Which brings us to VA Secretary Eric Shinseki. *It appears that the Obama administration is so busy using the VA to strip veterans of their gun rights that it doesn't have time to provide them with medical treatment.*

Shinseki was dragged before a Senate hearing Thursday to explain massive waiting lists for treatment. *High level executives at the VA ignored warnings that these lists existed, and agency officials issued falsified letters to conceal them. *Altogether, these delays may have resulted in the deaths of 40 or more veterans at the Phoenix location alone. *The scandal has now spread to at least 10 states, and seems to reflect an endemic problem with the VA.

Shinseki's response? *He is pushing an Inspector General investigation which will be completed in August. *But even liberal Democrats have questioned how many veterans will die between now and then as a result of the department's misplaced priorities.*

As a result, the American Legion has called to Shinseki's removal.*

Why does this matter to gun owners?*

The answer is this: *The VA appears to be too busy with gun bans to do its job.*

“We’ve known that combat veterans are being systematically stripped of their rights for some time now,” says Dan Cannon, the founder and editor of GunsSaveLives.net. “There have been numerous reports of veterans losing their gun rights due to seeking counseling or help with depression, PTSD, or for simply not having their financial affairs in perfect order.”

We're sure that the Obama administration will counter that it doesn't take much time at all to take away a veteran's constitutional rights. *But no matter how many personnel or how much time it takes to promote Obama's anti-gun agenda, it is too much!

This is another example of a phenomenon which is pervasive in the Obama administration: *Politics over performance.*

And it's not going to stop until someone loses his job for pursuing Obama's anti-gun agenda, at the expense of his department's mission.*

ACTION: Write your Senator and Representative.*Encourage them to stand for the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding veterans by demanding VA Secretary Eric Shinseki's resignation.*

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What In the [email protected] is wrong with these people!? This is disgusting! Why aren't the majority of Americans sticking up for veterans? How can this happen?

·
Registered
409 Posts
What In the [email protected] is wrong with these people!? This is disgusting! Why aren't the majority of Americans sticking up for veterans? How can this happen?
Sadly, the majority of americans voted twice for this evil man to be our president. It is apparently more important for transsexuals to be able to choose what bathroom they would rather go to than veterans getting proper medical care.

·
Registered
76 Posts
For the same reason that they are ok with innocent people getting shot in their own homes by warrantless un- lawful enforcement, loss of property and possession without cause, their rights being ignored, and so on and so on. Its sad but in what used to be a country that supported freedom and those who defended it, we have slowly "like frogs in a pot" become desensitized to the oppression that surrounds us. Worse yet, the more outrageous it gets, the less people seem to believe that its happening. I think we can safely say at this point that the "education system" and "entertainment industry".have succeeded in dumbing down and demoralizing what used to be a great nation. I served my country for 11 years so i truly believe in my country's Constitution, more so now than ever, but if the majority of our population continue to act like sheep while the "elected" erode our rights, then it matters not what protections that document provides us, we will continue to ignore the signs and repeat the history we should have learned from. I have faith in those of us that continue to live our lives by a code of morals and tenacity to assert our rights. However, it is alarmingly honest to say that the majority of society does not fit that bill. If it did, we could never be where we are today. My apologies to all, i had to get that off my chest.....I wonder what Chesty Puller would say about his fellow Americans if he were alive to see this state of affairs.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sadly, the majority of americans voted twice for this evil man to be our president. It is apparently more important for transsexuals to be able to choose what bathroom they would rather go to than veterans getting proper medical care.
If you didn't vote for him Jeff then you are RACIST!.....Sadly most americans are so afraid of being called racist that they do what the media tells them too......

Personally my solution is doesn't get a lot of support......My solution is to take one of those piece of **** Carnival Cruise ships and give all the administrations top decision makers a free all expense's paid vacation. Let the boat get about a mile out and sink it.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I feel sick to my stomach when I think about the tens of thousands of dollars I personally paid in taxes last year and the fact that these brave men and women who were wounded in battle will see none of it. Oh but the Congressman and woman are stacking 140K a year for the rest of their lives. Paid for by who? You. To do what? Fu*king harass us with poorly written and useless laws. Im sure glad they get paid to do that. Must be grueling work. Those brave congressman.

Then when I see things like the report of the government destroying 1 billion rounds of ammunition that was bought with our tax dollars that really pisses me off. How about you sell the stuff and use the money to give tbe veterans who fought for your sorry useless asses propwr healthcare? Too complicated?

The amount of waste versus the amount of good these geniuses do with tax dollars is staggering. It should be criminal. Yet the sheeple continue to chew their cud and act like everything is Okay. Hey I can still buy gas. I can still take my SUV to Walmart and buy beer and cigarettes. Everything must be good right? Right?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Sadly, the majority of americans voted twice for this evil man to be our president.
So that there are politicians out there who aren't evil? Bush administration was in charge when the Walther Reed scandal first broke. Regardless of party alignment, politicians are always quick to put us in harms way but drag their feet when it comes to care for those of us who made it back.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
It's really concerning that veterans might avoid treatment because it could cost them the constitutional rights they fought and bled for. If someone is afraid to seek treatment, their problem could easily get much worse and cause more tragedy. While most problems, when treated early on, are manageable.

I would wager that most veterans value their rights as much as their sanity, or their lives. So to make those brave men and women whole again means allowing them to live their lives as full citizens, and being a ward of the state with your rights stripped down just doesn't cut it. They should get the best care there is, and resources for that should be prioritized over any of the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
It's really concerning that veterans might avoid treatment because it could cost them the constitutional rights they fought and bled for. If someone is afraid to seek treatment, their problem could easily get much worse and cause more tragedy. While most problems, when treated early on, are manageable.

I would wager that most veterans value their rights as much as their sanity, or their lives. So to make those brave men and women whole again means allowing them to live their lives as full citizens, and being a ward of the state with your rights stripped down just doesn't cut it. They should get the best care there is, and resources for that should be prioritized over any of the rest of us.
True, I know one that values rights more than health and I am convinced he is not alone.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Veterans dying from lack of care because gov. is too busy stripping their rig...

Because people are more selfish today than ever; if it doesn't affect them they don't care! It's sad, really sad but I believe the younger generations will help refocus our efforts for support of all kinds KAM!!! You and your thinking unfortunately is in the minority, but I'm right there with you!!

BBG-

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You should have seen it back in the sixties and seventies. Unfortunately somethings never change...
The 'government' has always suffered from CLOMI, Convenient Loss of Memory Incident, when it comes to Veterans.

Shays' Rebellion was an armed uprising that took place in central and western Massachusetts in 1786 and 1787. The rebellion was named after Daniel Shays, a veteran of the American Revolutionary War and one of the rebel leaders.
The rebellion started on August 29, 1786. It was precipitated by several factors: financial difficulties brought about by a post-war economic depression, a credit squeeze caused by a lack of hard currency, and fiscally harsh government policies instituted in 1785 to solve the state's debt problems. Protesters, including many war veterans, shut down county courts in the later months of 1786 to stop the judicial hearings for tax and debt collection. The protesters became radicalized against the state government following the arrests of some of their leaders, and began to organize an armed force. A militia raised as a private army defeated a Shaysite (rebel) attempt to seize the federal Springfield Armory in late January 1787, killing four and wounding 20. The main Shaysite force was scattered on February 4, 1787, after a surprise attack on their camp in Petersham, Massachusetts. Scattered resistance continued until June 1787, with the single most significant action being an incident in Sheffield in late February, where 30 rebels were wounded (one mortally) in a skirmish with government troops.

The Bonus Army was the popular name of an assemblage of some 43,000 marchers—17,000 World War I veterans, their families, and affiliated groups—who gathered in Washington, D.C., in the spring and summer of 1932 to demand cash-payment redemption of their service certificates. Its organizers called it the Bonus Expeditionary Force to echo the name of World War I's American Expeditionary Force, while the media called it the Bonus March. It was led by Walter W. Waters, a former Army sergeant."

The GI Bill associated with WWII was probably the best exception.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts