FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a sling for my 17 and it sounds like the hands down choice is Vickers.

On the website, it looks like there are about 6 different styles.
-Vickers 221
-kryptek
-Vickers sling acetal hardware
-Vickers sling metal hardware
-Vickers push button
- cobra sling

The way I want to set it up is to use the sling attchment point that's on the OEM buttstock then add a qd mount up on one of the side rail.

So which vickers sling will accomplish this and which qd rail attachment is recommended.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I like the GG&G rail attachment point, I use it and it serves the purpose well. I went with the padded Cobra and others love the VCAS as well. All of their slings will work for your application. There are also less expensive options that work just as well. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend?

BBG-

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have also been looking at slings. Thinking about grabbing the bfg vickers 2 point with qd on one end and qd wire loop on the other to do 2 point to 1 point if I want, will also grab some sort of qd sling mount for front gg&g, pmm, iwc? Not sure yet

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
I do a mix of Kev with qd in front and gg&g qd in the back like buckeye. I found a qd that slides onto the vcas and makes it go into single point too.

btw---- every time I look at Kev scar--- i become lustfull and want to do the same nasty he did with his----- dammit Kev--- she lookin so good.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
VCAS with acetal-this way the buckle won't scratch the firearm. It also reduces potential noise as well.

Kev has it laid out for you.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Thanks Kev. That's exactly what I'm looking for

Is that the push button vcas?
i had to pick up one of these to go with this sling.

Sling Hardware : Push Button Sling Swivel

http://www.blueforcegear.com/vcas-acetal-sling.html

BFG used to make a sling already setup with the push button that was based on a Daniel Defense rifle setup; but those are long gone. So I picked up the swivel separate to achieve the same result since I can't buy those slings already setup anymore.

Wow. That is gorgeous. 10.5 inch? Love it
10" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,482 Posts
I have never heard the Magpul MS4 mentioned in previous posts on slings...why is that? Just curious. I picked one up and it seems fairly nice.

Vcas-- or Viking tactical is the real deal--for the elite-- you tube it. Science in the way it was designed, and an art
in how it transation from one form to the other. More traditional battle field rifle
Magpul ms4 is nice, just different role and purpose. More m4 rifle style

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I am thinking about buying an MS4 and swapping the hardware onto my padded Vickers sling.

The Vickers is a better 2 point sling but the hardware setup on my buddy's MS4 was really slick and convenient in single point mode.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Froman, check Viking Tactics website. They sell a metal buckle with a QD plug-in tube on the side of it, so you can make the VTAC sling one-point convertible. I have it on mine and love the versatility:
VTAC 2 to 1
That looks like the Impact Weapons 2 to 1 but with a solid metal bar instead of the quick thread.
productimage-picture-2-to-1-point-split-bar-triglide-1-25-convertible-qd-sling-adaptor-412.jpg

The ring loop type mounting of the trailing end to the single point on the MS4 kept the sling flat and seemed to be friendlier to rocking the weapon up pulling against the sling than the IWC or Viking unit would. I like the idea of being able to move the 2 to 1 unit up and down the sling in theory but the reality is that the strap ends up turned and I worry that it might slide around when I don't want it to.

I wish Magpul would just sell that hardware separately so I didn't have to buy the whole sling for just a single part.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vcas-- or Viking tactical is the real deal--for the elite-- you tube it. Science in the way it was designed, and an art
in how it transation from one form to the other. More traditional battle field rifle
Magpul ms4 is nice, just different role and purpose. More m4 rifle style
I think its viking tactical that makes LaRue's tactical padded sling. I've head nice things about them but think I'm going with vickers

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
The pmm front mount or the gear sector qd are fantastic options. I run my padded VCAS through the buttstock and a pmm front mount.
I run my 16s the same way as Kev... A padded Vickers VCAS with PMM front mount QD without the sewn in mounts and through the butt stock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts