FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I figured out a way to attach my helmet cam to my head without wearing my helmet, and I thought I would try it out at the range. I also wanted to try out the Hodgdon Longshot powder I picked up the other day. I was alone, so I had no idea if the camera was getting everything in frame or not. The guns on the table weren't quite in the picture. I must say I felt a little stupid standing in the woods talking to myself... not that I don't normally talk to myself, I was just louder than normal. :p Probably not loud enough though. I had no idea how the microphone would work with all the mud and muck its been through on the dirt bikes. so sound quality is weak. I never filmed myself shooting before, and was a little nervous I guess. I also had not eaten breakfast that morning so I was a little shaky too. And it was cold...and breezy....and

No editing...all in one take!! I know.. I know Hard to believe huh?

OK, now that I am done with excuses for my lousy shooting, feel free to make fun...

I think the failure to feed in the HP was actually because my gloved hands were hitting the slide stop.
The FNP failure to eject may have been me limp wristing it? Either that or my load was a tad light I guess.

Overall I guess Longshot will do, until I can find some more pistol powders locally so I don't have to pay Hazmat shipping.

It went bang anyway.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Donnie-sweet non helmet-head cam set up! Nice shooting and thanks for posting. Had to be nice to get out and put some rounds down range! Thinking of you, your dad and family bud-stay strong!

Regards,
BigBuckeyeGuy!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I would call that good shooting for me, considering the distance. I heard more steel ringing from the High Power than the FNP, as expected. Cool setup, one more reason I hate living in the city.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Nicely done. And don't worry about talking to yourself. I do it all the time. Often it's the only way I can get someone to listen.

Reactions: Donnie

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to have that HP refinished. anyone know a good reputable refinisher out there? It has the epoxy frame and blued slide. frame is almost perfect, but the bluing has faded on the top rear and left rear side of the slide. I would like the whole thing blued personally, but it may be cheaper just to get the slide re-blued. What say ye? any suggestions?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice video!!!

What you using for a camera???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts