FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup everyone, I hope you all got some good shooting time in this weekend. The weather was perfect here in the south. Anyhow, I was shooting the "Tan Lady" aka "Tan Mom" this weekend and when I watched the vid, I noticed flames coming from the gas block during rapid fire. I didn't notice it while I was shooting so I wasn't able to fire a single shot to see if it does the same thing. I know I'm not in combat, but I really don't want flames coming from the block for obvious nocturnal reasons of course. Is this normal? I was shooting the Russian stuff so...If needed, what's a tool that you guys have found to work well when cleaning the block.

Video

Thanks in adv guys!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Badass! Post it in the video thread too. :shock:

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's normal. I set a sling on fire once because i didn't notice it was in front of the gas block. Whoops!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Try that with brown bear .308.. you'll get a massive flame! It is normal, great video!

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I alway's liked shooting at dust, the FsN has an impressive flame front also....
I you can sign up for a stamp and run a can it will conceal most of that ( JIMO ).... at least I haven't seen mine since running the can. It sure does get things dirty fast however.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Use your normal cleaning items. No special tools needed.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Try different ammo, you'll find a brand that will have less flash. Russian ammo, as well as Magtech ammo, have a lot of flash, in my experience.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I've never seen one flame out of the block like that.
That's the biggest flame I've seen as well. Apparently the Russian's don't like low flash ammo :-D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thanks guys. I have a good bit of the good stuff (ammo) i'll take out with me next time. If it still does it, that could be major prob...I could easily see it melting the little plastic pressure switch.. The 12 o'clock is the correct position if you are NOT running a can correct???

·
Vendor
1,751 Posts
I'd buy a conversion kit to make the flames bigger. If you can't shoot them, at least scare the crap out of them by having a biga$$ flame come out of the rifle.

I wonder what is super-slow powder to do this? Maybe Russian pulldown powder?

OK, so muzzle velocity suffers. You can't have everything. But FLAMES!!!! Dude, how cool is that. My targets always have holes dead center in the black circles, because the black circles are burn marks that I put there after the bullet punched a hole.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I'd buy a conversion kit to make the flames bigger. If you can't shoot them, at least scare the crap out of them by having a biga$$ flame come out of the rifle.

I wonder what is super-slow powder to do this? Maybe Russian pulldown powder?

OK, so muzzle velocity suffers. You can't have everything. But FLAMES!!!! Dude, how cool is that. My targets always have holes dead center in the black circles, because the black circles are burn marks that I put there after the bullet punched a hole.
:lol: YA have someone spray something flammable with you shoot. (Don't actually do this). Make sure you try some US mil surplus ammo like M855 or M193.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts