You have a PM.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Reactions: Milspec

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am getting some sort of alert that I need to scan for a virus just about every time I log onto this forum with my Android device. It doesn't happpen until I type in my username and password. I delete the redirect each time.
This happened several times some time ago, then quit for quite a while, and now has started up again.
Is this related?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I am getting some sort of alert that I need to scan for a virus just about every time I log onto this forum with my Android device. It doesn't happpen until I type in my username and password. I delete the redirect each time.
This happened several times some time ago, then quit for quite a while, and now has started up again.
Is this related?
Maybe. I have noticed weird redirects at times when clicking on links. I finally end up in the right place but if you watch the address bar the URLs do not start with where you are trying to go.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Got it today when I logged on via Windows Explorer. No issues with Firefox.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
iPad Taptalk HD app has been crashing for months multiple times while logged in -paid the $$$ for the pro app and no issues the last few days! Realize this is not related to the virus scan but thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I took the time to write it down this time. The popup says:
The page at "http://fileserving5323.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com" says:
Check your ANDROID NOW for a VIRUS!
I also noticed that it came up the same time as an ad banner for, "Free Android Antivirus & Security" so I am guessing it is attached to the ad banner.
I don't mind the relatively unobtrusive ad banners but this seems a bit much, especially for a registered forum supporter to have to put up with.
If any of the Moderators / Super Moderators would care to address if this is in fact an ad banner device, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Got the same notice using IE today from work.

With my iphone, the candy crush ad automatically opens my app store if viewing the page as full page (non mobile)
that's probably not an infection but something the ad does. it gets annoying but i go to the mobile page when i view from my phone.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
If any of the Moderators / Super Moderators would care to address if this is in fact an ad banner device, I would appreciate it.
The Mods have nothing do with the ads on the forum but I will be happy to pass your post to an Admin.

Reactions: Gungineer

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have just recently been getting intrusion attempts when logging into the site. Have any other members been getting the same?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used to get that a lot on HKPRO, not here yet??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts