FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the VLTOR ModPod on either the 16S or 17S? Particularly with Sarges EACH? I am wondering whether it interferes with the charging handle, and how it changes the rifles balance and ergonomics.

It looks like it would sit low enough to not interfere, but I would rather be certain before shelling out the cash for one to try out.

DSG Arms - Defense Solutions Group, inc.. VLTOR ModPod - Dark Earth

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The Vltor are extremely slow to extend.
I tinkered with mine for a while before it got the Atlas ADM combo.
-Sold the old Vltor.

The fastest deployment I've seen is the harris with 550 cord tied to both legs.
The 3 gunner' just grabbed the 550 cord and slapped both legs down as he hit the ground.

Quick.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Vltor are extremely slow to extend.
I tinkered with mine for a while before it got the Atlas ADM combo.
-Sold the old Vltor.

The fastest deployment I've seen is the harris with 550 cord tied to both legs.
The 3 gunner' just grabbed the 550 cord and slapped both legs down as he hit the ground.

Quick.
how do you like your Atlas? I'm thinking about ordering one for my SCAR

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
how do you like your Atlas? I'm thinking about ordering one for my SCAR
fn.jpg

It's tough, but sexy.
It's not a fast as a Harris, but sure works in all positions from odd windows or rocky objects.
The legs are very adaptable to very odd positions.

I'd try to play with your final usage of it.
- Do you want to rip the legs down like a Harris or have some additional odd Atlas adaptable positions?

Like I said, the Harris is ultra fast for 3 gun, and faster with a 550 cord dual leg mod throw.

The other members will chime in soon.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I have both styles of Vltor/Tango Down (side mount and bottom mount. I like them both and will probably get another side rail mount (FDE if I can find one). Comes in handy without extending the rail...:icon_thumbup:

On my side mount, I fold the legs forward and doesn't interfere with anything. To the rear, It depended on your front hand support/grip options....E.A.C.H. is not a problem....I will try and get you a picture

Has anyone used the VLTOR ModPod on either the 16S or 17S? Particularly with Sarges EACH? I am wondering whether it interferes with the charging handle, and how it changes the rifles balance and ergonomics.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your responses guys. I have owned both Harris and Atlas before, was just curious about this different system that would allow forward hand placement without adding an extended rail. Anyone have a pic of a SCAR with a ModPod?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts