FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After both myself and my FFL recently getting screwed by his west coast Voodoo distributor I sought the alternative, Amazonian route. Paid a hefty surcharge to have this case shipped in one day, REALLY want to zero my Mark 6. Within 30 minutes of FedEx arriving I had it briefly inspected, adjusted to fit, loaded with Leupy Adam -he actually smiled- and 6 30rd Pmags which were loaded. You'd think with a "tactical" name it implies a tactical nature one alluding to LOADED mags. All loaded up I grabbed one of the back pack straps and went to "put it on my back" WTF I yelled! The lower right D-ring ripped clean out of its cordura strap stitching nearly sending the case with Leupy snuggly secured inside plummeting to the ground. I have reasonably quick reflexes and Leupy remains unharmed....WHEW!

Have since phoned Voodoo Tactical Customer Service and am currently awaiting their reply. Anyone else had this problem? I purposely chose this case because of its back pack carry capability, when ranging it, I have a range box a target tube and my rifle. My third arm was removed shortly after birth for obvious at the time although now, regrettable reasons.

Don't let Voodoo get YOU too!
View attachment 28807
SON of an F'n B!TCH!!!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I Have had no problems with my voodoo tac bag. I normal sling 2 rifles and loaded mags no issues. Sorry to hear. I had to send gloves back to them one time because I order a size too big and they were prompt and professional

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh it gets even better, they called back and claim their stitching is on par with Mil Spec, bull fvking sh!t! Their stitching is pathetic, going back on Monday. You must be a lucky one, I can't even imagine what would have dislodged with two rifles in it I shudder to consider....

I Have had no problems with my voodoo tac bag. I normal sling 2 rifles and loaded mags no issues. Sorry to hear. I had to send gloves back to them one time because I order a size too big and they were prompt and professional

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You got that right HBJ, already have a hard case just need to order custom cut foam, want a soft case for range skirmishes, Pelican will be used for OTR travel purposes.

yup complete crap switched to hard case pelican 0 issues

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
UPDATE:

After Voodoo Tactical succinctly putting a swift end to any future patronage, I will go flying....

....with a Condor Tactical 151-008 to be more specific, more expensive but apparently worth it.
View attachment 28808 View attachment 28810
I tried to locate a Voodoo in Multicam, good thing I know now what I would've found out when.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I have one of their 42" double cases and routinely carry my SR25 20" and a 16" AR in it and have never had a problem with it. Sorry to hear of the problem, hope they make it right for you.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
UPDATE:

After Voodoo Tactical succinctly putting a swift end to any future patronage, I will go flying....

....with a Condor Tactical 151-008 to be more specific, more expensive but apparently worth it.
View attachment 28808 View attachment 28810
I tried to locate a Voodoo in Multicam, good thing I know now what I would've found out then.
Bought one 42" condor case some seven years ago and it's just now starting to show it's age and abuse.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey Tal, glad to see your comms are up again. :?

The reviews I read were good with only one other claiming the same issue that just befell me. The thing's got some serious storage and seemed well put together, upon closer inspection some of the stitching is on the thin side though. I bought it off Amazon from an authorized dealer, RMA approved and UPS label already printed. I just went searching for the Condor 151-008 case, virtually the same as Voodoo just lacking the extra MOLLE on one side. Found an awesome deal for a great deal less than I paid w/expedited for getting doodoo on me.

Condor 36" Double Rifle Case - Multicam - New 151-008 - Rakuten.com Shopping

I have one of their 42" double cases and routinely carry my SR25 20" and a 16" AR in it and have never had a problem with it. Sorry to hear of the problem, hope they make it right for you.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear this Tal, my own 36" Condor has already been ordered.

Bought one 42" condor case some seven years ago and it's just now starting to show it's age and abuse.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a Condor 36", a Voodoo 42" and a 5.11 36".

My impressions are that the Condor is cheaply made. (It isn't the cheesy cheap single stitching stuff, but cheap for my purposes). I have had a few other Condor products fail on me and this case did too. The backpack straps hold up but my SCAR 17 pushes on the zipper and so the zipper seam failed (I know it is likely my fault for forcing a big gun into a small bag, but so what). The zipper held, but the zipper fabric part that attaches to the bag failed, so I can still zip up the bag though there is a hole between the zipper and the bag.

The VooDoo bag is nice and the backpack straps work well for me. At 42 inches and a 2 gun bag, this bag is just easy to load up too heavy to make it convenient. That is my only reason I don't use it much.

The 5.11 bag is my current favorite bag. The only issue with it is that it doesn't have a backpack set up.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Well, that's a big bowl of suck. Sorry to hear it , SeaMac.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know right, not even ONE cheerio in that big bad bowl of suck, just one would have made it suck less but not by much.

Well, that's a big bowl of suck. Sorry to hear it , SeaMac.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There seems to be a trend developing here, all those w/42" are claiming no issues, maybe it's just the 36" but I don't need a 42". What I do need is back pack carry ability. Condor it is, it's already ordered if not them then I'll duct tape the friggin' gun to my back.

I have a Condor 36", a Voodoo 42" and a 5.11 36".

My impressions are that the Condor is cheaply made. (It isn't the cheesy cheap single stitching stuff, but cheap for my purposes). I have had a few other Condor products fail on me and this case did too. The backpack straps hold up but my SCAR 17 pushes on the zipper and so the zipper seam failed (I know it is likely my fault for forcing a big gun into a small bag, but so what). The zipper held, but the zipper fabric part that attaches to the bag failed, so I can still zip up the bag though there is a hole between the zipper and the bag.

The VooDoo bag is nice and the backpack straps work well for me. At 42 inches and a 2 gun bag, this bag is just easy to load up too heavy to make it convenient. That is my only reason I don't use it much.

The 5.11 bag is my current favorite bag. The only issue with it is that it doesn't have a backpack set up.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You and me both Bro. I'm still going to zero my Mk6 this weekend weather depending with broken strap or not. It'll be returned on Monday then I can relax and wait for my Condor to arrive w/Leupy already zeroed.

:sad:SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR NEW VOODOO CASE.

Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That sucks SeaMac. Glad it happened at a time when you really didn't need it though. Have you looked into a higher end bag for your $6k Leupy Adam setup so you don't have this happen at the worst of times? :eek:

Reactions: SeaMac
1 - 20 of 47 Posts