FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of these? I'm looking to pair it up with an Aimpoint PRO. I've been looking at the Aimpoint magnifier with the LaRue short mount. While I like it, it is a chunk of change I could put towards other things. Any opinions on the Vortex? Or should I loosen up on the wallet and go Aimpoint?

Thanks for your input.

Oh, and now I'm only two weeks out!

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
While I have not used that Vortex tripler Vortex middle of their line and higher optics are quality gear.

I have used the Burris tripler and can vouch for it, with it I liked that they set it up so you could center the primary red dot reticle with the windage and elevation adjustments in the body of the tripler. if your looking into a budget tripler look at these as well.
I ran the 1st gen version and never had a problem with it.
Burris AR-Tripler
2nd Gen version
Burris AR-Tripler & AR-Pivot Ring Combo

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Tal. I'll definitely put that in the consideration pile. I really like Aimpoint, but I'm having trouble justifying* the premium.

*truth be told, I can justify it...it will just take a few more mental loops.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
I can't believe you're only a couple weeks away! :shock: better make a decision fast so you can have it before you pick up your 17 ;)

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, what the hell...in for a penny in for a pound and all that. With what I've already spent, I might as well get the Aimpoint...and my wife agreed, which is weird in its own right, but I won't question it. Anyways, I'm low on Dillo Dust and my dad could probably go for a new hat to "borrow" next time he visits.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Excellent choice! Gonna be a sweet setup, thats for sure.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just recently went down a similar path with my 17. Swapped out my ACOG for an Aimpoint CompML3 in an ADM standard height mount with an Aimpoint 3x magnifier in a LaRue flip to side mount (the lower profile one). While the line up isn't quite perfect between the two, it's very very close and since you can adjust the centering of the dot in the magnifier it worked out perfectly. Haven't been able to shoot it yet, but the setup seems like a winner.

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just recently went down a similar path with my 17. Swapped out my ACOG for an Aimpoint CompML3 in an ADM standard height mount with an Aimpoint 3x magnifier in a LaRue flip to side mount (the lower profile one). While the line up isn't quite perfect between the two, it's very very close and since you can adjust the centering of the dot in the magnifier it worked out perfectly. Haven't been able to shoot it yet, but the setup seems like a winner.
I was a little concerned about lining them up (PRO is w/Aimpoint mount + spacer) so I emailed LaRue. They said I was good to go with the short (LT755-30S) mount.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yeah, the height difference between my ADM mount (for the sight) and my LaRue mount (for the magnifier) is very minimal and when you look through the magnifier you'd be none the wiser. Is the Aimpoint Pro mount the proper height for true co-witness? If so, then you should be looking at the same situation as I have. It's definitely good to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts