FN Herstal Firearms banner

Do you want the addition of an OPTICS subforum

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I'm blind, so what do I care?! Leave me alone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member contacted me today to request the addition of an optics subforum. So far, people have been putting such topics in the "Accessories" area of whatever gun they were referring to.

I am a bit hesitant to add such a forum. If we do this, then the "accessory" subforums will slow down, I think (as optics are commonly discussed for the PS90 and FS2000). I think optics for guns besides FN weapons could be discussed in the "General Discussion" area. Then again - I guess I could see the point of consoldating.

But, I have a feeling that we'll still end up with a spattering of optics questions in the various "Accessories" subforums - and then we'll just have more than 1 place people have to search for answers.

I don't know - I have feelings that go both ways on this.

What do you guys think? I don't want another subforum that is gonna sit dormant. We are possibly pulling the tactics subforum soon. We were "this close" to pulling it when it started to see some minor action. At the moment, however, there is really only 1 thread that is active there.....

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
:D

·
Banned
114 Posts
I can see where that would be a problem for the accessory section of FN weapons but I was thinking in the Other Firearms part. No one wants to see less talk in those areas, that's for sure. Anyone wanting to talk about optics for a PS90, FS2000 or SPR would still go to the sections. but outside FN would be empty. In theory someone with a Remington 700 looking to talk about glass could ask in the SPR section but that group of owners is so small no one really posts much.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It will end up like the outdoor one. :roll:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kind of a split vote. I still have reservations about this, as I predict it will either effect related topics in the PS90/Fs2000/SCAR, etc forums. Or, it will eventually die out, as some of the other specialized forums we occasionally try out and then have to remove....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.