FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VP Debate Moderator Pens Pro-Obama Book

WASHINGTON: Gwen Ifill, who is moderating Thursday's vice-presidential debate, is releasing a book on Barack Obama and other young black politicians who are "forging a bold new path to political power."

Questions are being raised about PBS anchor Gwen Ifill's objectivity after news surfaced that she is releasing a new book promoting Barack Obama and other black politicians who have benefited from the civil rights struggle.

Ifill is moderating Thursday night's vice-presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin. Her book, "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama," is due to be released about the same time the next president takes the oath of office.

In her book, Ifill contends that the black political structure of the civil rights movement has cleared the way for post-racial politicians to ascend to new heights.

Now some are wondering whether Ifill can be fair and balanced, and whether she should be the moderator of Thursday's 9 p.m. ET debate.

"Clearly her books aren't going to do as well unless Obama wins, so it looks like she has some investment, literally, in one candidate or the other. And she's supposed to be sitting there as a neutral arbiter during the debate," said NPR's Juan Williams, a FOX News contributor. "I think the world of Gwen Ifill but I know there's a perception problem."

Web site WolrdNetDaily first reported on the Ifill book Tuesday night.

FOX News political analyst Michelle Malkin argued in a post on National Review that Ifill is "so far in the tank for the Democratic presidential candidate, her oxygen delivery line is running."

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/01/vp-debate-moderator-pens-pro-obama-book/

·
Registered
630 Posts
sounds about right, we have the truth police, 30 lawyers digging for dirt on palin. what more could we want

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Poor Penelope Pitstop Palin. If she can't swim she'll sink. This sounds like preemptive damage control. Biden is also know to blow a interview or two. This debate should be quit comical if you ask me. Both are pretty well know pedial-oral impaction (foot in mouth). The sad part is that one of these two clowns will be the #2 Office holder in the United States. So basically, We are screwed.

·
Registered
630 Posts
2 gun banners on the same ticket

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's really hard for a debate mediator to have any real impact on the debate anyway. They don't write the questions. The candidates will always stay on message no matter what the mediator does. You see this in interviews all the time. That's basically what this debate will be. An open, joint interview with the candidates staying on message, giving the answers they want to no matter what the question is and taking pot shots at each other in between.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
2 gun banners on the same ticket
And one corrently in the White House.

Lets not forget our Alzheimer's meds. Bush said that if congress had passed the AWB he would sign it. Not Veto it. So we currently have two gun banner's on the Dem's ticket and one in the White house. Lets keep our facts straight.

·
Administrator
11,207 Posts
devildoc said:
Poor Penelope Pitstop Palin. If she can't swim she'll sink. This sounds like preemptive damage control. Biden is also know to blow a interview or two. This debate should be quit comical if you ask me. Both are pretty well know pedial-oral impaction (foot in mouth). The sad part is that one of these two clowns will be the #2 Office holder in the United States. So basically, We are screwed.
Mutley Biden will surely subject us to long sought after comedy even with Klunk Gwen in his corner. I expect that he will 'misspeak' several times. After all, it IS in his nature to do so.

Just so long as PP Palin stays on topic and gives us HER answers, not the Yankee Doodle Pigeon McCain approved ones. She needs to show us her 'grit'.

I need to see that she has the ability to perform Presidential.

What a choice: Bho Bho for President now or Palin for President at any time in the next 4.

So far I'm thinking that I will be sitting this one out.

·
Registered
630 Posts
no vote or a vote for obama is the same thing. at least with Palin I know i have someone that will support the 2nd admendment

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
And if McCain dies of old age and Palin become President we all may need a gun. Good point Coldair. :?

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
I just absolutely do NOT get the whole "I ain't gunna vote for nobody" approach.

That is like someone has taken a small explosive package.... and attached it to your package. There is 1 second left to detination. Your choices are to cut the red or blue wire.

Instead of choosing to cut one of the wires you simply give up and don't cut any wires. Bang. The package blows up and now you have no package.

Why, in the world, would you just let fate happen to you? Shouldn't a person at least attempt to affect the outcome?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
That was funny Doc. So is obama Dick Dastardly?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The jury is out on that one TA, but I am pretty sure that Bush and McCain would qualify as the Slag Brothers :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts