FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recent experience on wait times? I want to buy a silencer under my LLC.

one place told me 2-3 months and another a year.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Seems to be running just under five months for a trust right now, I would assume a LLC would be similar in time.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The 3rd to last one for me was 4 months 3 weeks from when the check was cashed to when the Stamp was received.

The last 2 stamps, ordered together, were 3 months and 3 weeks.

I think everyone is reporting times are coming down. I would think the wait time would be less if I was to order one now.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have an LLC since I own a small business. Instead of getting a trust, I can just get one under my LLC??
Down side to that is, someday you may choose to sell your business or for some other unforeseen event you may close your business. You would then need to transfer any NFA items to another entity, costing you the tax once again.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Case going pending 2-3 weeks from date of check sent.
I'm at 4 months and still waiting.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Best call to the ATF...yet.... When I asked who was my examiner ? I was told " we " changed things around here now and the process works differently... OK ....still wouldn't give up the name ?
On 2-17 it will be 5 months....

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Man, I hope these "three months to approval" cases hold up for me. I hit three months pending on my first two suppressors in about a week. But given my general luck, I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just picked up my AAC Tirant-9S yeasterday (February 7). Initial walk into my Class 3 Dealer was October 8. It was in stock and filed via Trust and mailed. I figure by my check was cashed approximately October 22. So, Just under 4 months.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sent eform for a Salvo12 about a month ago, check was cashed last Wednesday. Times are for sure getting shorter via electronic file. My ffl has a Tirant9 inbound from Silencer shop for me from 10 days ago. No word on it yet. Transferring to trust. "Silence" is golden.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts