FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I'm waiting for a 1911 part, and it seems like it is taking forever. After dealing with Top Gun Supply, CMMG and Midway USA - all of whom ship the same day or the next (when you order something), I've grown inpatient. 2 weeks now, and I still don't have it.

I want it now :x :x

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Don't keep us in suspence!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha - well, 2 actually. I sent a magwell off to be refinished. That's way overdue.

And, I bought a tool-less guiderod from Dawson Precision - that's the part I am awating....

Its pretty cool. a 1 piece guiderod - but you pull it out from the rear, similar to how guiderods work on bull barrels. It keeps the spring captive on its own. Anxious to try it.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Please take pics of it so I can see how one works.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok.

I know its bad to turn a bushing on a 1911 when the slide is closed - but I've had no otherw ay to disassemble my 1911. It has that 1/2 rail on the frame. And, for some reason - if I take out the slide stop, and just try to pull the slide off that way - something is binding. I have to take the recoil spring out the front, which requires turning the bushing.

So, if this thing works as advertised, it should fix my issue.

Here is the link:

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=57C0002-1126315802

·
Registered
408 Posts
How does that saying go.... A watched gun never fires... or something like that.

Zhur

1 - 10 of 10 Posts