FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else checking Wal-Mart all the time to see when they finally get an ammo shipment in?

I got 400 rounds of 45 this past Sat - I've been waiting for weeks to get some

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Anyone else checking Wal-Mart all the time to see when they finally get an ammo shipment in?

Mine got some bulk packs of 5.56 on Saturday. Not that I keep checking :D

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
Hey Ship:

IMMHAHO

Every time anyone on this forum goes to Wally World to get ammo, they are tacitly approving of Wally World video taping their firearm/ammunition transactions and with Wally World providing the sales information to the anti-gun crowd. :cry:

Remember this: http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=8082&highlight=wallmart

F uck Wally World and their agreement with the Soros and Brady crowd. (Sorry, but Frack just is not the word I needed to use).

Do us all a favor and spend a couple more bucks and buy your ammo at a gun friendly outlet that refuses to cave into the anti-gun crowd.

Got to call you on this one dude! :)

BAN THE WALLMART CROWD 8)

·
Registered
408 Posts
HK SD9 Tactical,

I don't like Wal-Mart any more than the rest of us, but when they are the only place within 100 miles that even HAS ammo, I think I'll choke down the phlem and get the ammo. I usually go out of my way to get everything outside of Wal-mart, but there just isn't any ammo at any of the normal places I go. Is it better to not have the ammo? Wear a hat and pay cash if you're that worried.

Zhur

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WIth ammo prices up - Wal-Mart is the only place I can afford to buy ammo and keep shootinga s often as I do. So, I plan to keep buying it for now.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I've been to Walmart exactly 1 time. The only reason I went there was because I had a gift card, so I picked up a charging kit for my 360 controllers. The Walmart near my house also had someone trampled to death a couple years ago on black friday and is generally a dump of a store. I typically buy my ammo in bulk online for the same price or cheaper than I can get it anyplace around here (that's with shipping charges). Ammo seems to be more expensive in my area then what I've heard from other people about their areas. A box of 100 WWB is a little over $24 at the cheapest place I can find. Then add tax and I'm up over $25. It's probably more now since the last time I checked was about 5 months ago :roll:

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
ShipWreck said:
WIth ammo prices up - Wal-Mart is the only place I can afford to buy ammo and keep shootinga s often as I do. So, I plan to keep buying it for now.
I hear what your saying.

Zhur: I hear what your saying too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In Winchester which is the closest Wal-mart they have two the Mexican Wal-mart and the ******* Wal-mart I stick to the ******* Wal-mart and it's a pretty nice store but lately neither has any ammo I need they say it just flies off the shelf.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ShipWreck said:

walmart had blazer brass $15.97 50 rounds... i'm stocking up... i'm going back to get the last two boxes...8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
its the same thing here in OKC. I know one by the base gets shipments every Monday....now if its there when I get off shift, that is a different story. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Dipstix6996 said:
It's the same thing. No difference

Not totally true. Although very similar, the 5.56 NATO spec allows a higher chamber pressure. Shooting .223 Remington in a rifle chambered for 5.56 would be fine, but shooting 5.56 in a rifle chambered for .223 isn't recommended.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought 2 boxes of WWB at my local Walmart. The cashier asked what I possibly could need that much ammo for. That was after it took me about 20 minutes to get her over to the ammo counter.

I looked at her right in the eyes and told her that it wasn't her business what I needed it for. I don't think she liked my answer too much because she gave me a hard time about my ID and my age. Last time I got to Walmart for anything. They won't get a dime from me for the rest of my life.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
riot15 said:
I bought 2 boxes of WWB at my local Walmart. The cashier asked what I possibly could need that much ammo for. That was after it took me about 20 minutes to get her over to the ammo counter.

I looked at her right in the eyes and told her that it wasn't her business what I needed it for. I don't think she liked my answer too much because she gave me a hard time about my ID and my age. Last time I got to Walmart for anything. They won't get a dime from me for the rest of my life.

She wouldn't have liked the 8 boxes of 9mm(400 rounds) I bought from Bass ProShops last week if Wally World had been stocked instead of Bass Pro Shops!!!!!! :-D :-D

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
riot15 said:

Wrong approach.
What you should do is call the Mgr. and tell him/her what a terrible person you had the unpleasant misfortune of dealing with while trying to make a simple purchase and you're very disappointed in her abrasive demeanor, while she made your shopping experience feel like you are a criminal.

If you don't get some sort of compensation, I would call Wall-Mart HQ and let them know you're NOT going to shop there anymore. I'll BET you get some action.

Remember, be nice about it.

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hate going to walmart for anything. I do shop at walmart for some things and usually walk by the ammo counter when I go. However I would rather go out of my way to get ammunition. Not only because walmart has such a small selection(if anything), But I would rather give the money to Cabelas or Bass Pro. The big outdoors stores are much more fun to go to. AND they carry guns. There is only one walmart around me that still sells guns. And their selection is pitiful.

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
FN_man_08 said:
I hate going to walmart for anything. I do shop at walmart for some things and usually walk by the ammo counter when I go. However I would rather go out of my way to get ammunition. Not only because walmart has such a small selection(if anything), But I would rather give the money to Cabelas or Bass Pro. The big outdoors stores are much more fun to go to. AND they carry guns. There is only one walmart around me that still sells guns. And their selection is pitiful.
I agree with you on Wall Mart. I do not go there but my wife does some times because it is convenient.

There are some places that just do not have anything but a Wall Mart near by. My home town in Berlin, NH is one such place. If it was not for the Wally World, these people would have to travel miles and miles to go shopping. Even the nearest gun store is either in Errol (LL Cote) or Whitefield (The Village Gun Shop) so I can understand the need for these stores and why people shop there.

Being in Tampa, I have more choices so I choose not to use Wally World as a shopping stop.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
riot15 said:

Which one/where? if you don't mind me asking

·
Administrator
12,073 Posts
riot15 said:

If it was me that that happened to, I would have complained to the management, not that it would have done any good. This is something that they do now to hepl the Soros crowd in their anti gun campaign.

The effort under way is to make it harder and harder to buy firearm related supplies (as well as firearms) so that Wally World is not labled as a 'gun friendly' store, with the intent to remove these types of sporting goods from their shelves.

Wally World should be more concerned about customer service and availability of items for their customer base, not the Soros crowd and the ill mannered political policies behind them.

I would rather travel and extra 100 miles to buy ammunition and pay a higher price for it than what Wally World provides. It is my choice to do so and people might diss me for doing it. Well, I would do the same thing to buy 'American' as well.

I do understand why some people buy at Wally World out of 'necessity'.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts