FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a walther p-22 with a 5 inch barrel. Anyone have this gun? tell me what you think...looking for something to plink with, also thinking about getting a 3.4 inch barrel kit with it too. Thanks

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I don't have 1, but am a big Walther P99 fan. Walther doesn't actually make it - their parent company Uramex makes it. That company actually makes a lot of airguns.

Anyway, the slide is made of Zinc. It's an okay plinker, and it seems that the bugs have gotten worked out a lot since they very first came out on the market.

The Sig Mosquito is similar. I have heard lots of complaints, and the gun isn't actually made by Sig either, from what I have read.

Honestly - you'd be better off with an entry level Buckmark, Ruger Mart III or Beretta Neos.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My brother has a P-22 with a suppressor on it, and it's an awesome little gun. I was going to get one, but now I'm going with the new .22LR kit from SIG that goes on my 226. Full size gun, with a .22 barrel/slide kit up top and an AAC pilot on the end :shock:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I almost bought one when they first came out - but at that time, there were tons of problems.

I still look at them - but to me, the grip is TOO small. And, I have small hands and usually complain about guns being too big for me.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have one with the SWR Spectre and like it a lot. As you can see it is the 3.4 barrel version which I had thought might help prevent regular ammo from going supersonic with the can on it. I can't be 100% sure that's the case but it is DAMN quiet with the can on there.

Anyhow I've shot maybe 150 rounds through it and have had a few feeding problems so far, but all in all I'm happy with it. In fact, any problems that have come up might have been from lack of service on my part. I've only had a glock before and went through nearly 1000 rounds before cleaning it the first time.

I think I paid $350 for mine which included the thread adapter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts