very nice set up!

keep this up and you're bound to be ShipWreck's new favorite playmate. :p

he's got a thing for the P99...

·
Registered
324 Posts
TexAg said:
Just a few pictures

I've been thinking about purchasing a P99. I like the style your's is but I see some AS ones that look different. Yours looks like the QA style, I want the p99 that looks just like yours, what do i look for on gun broker, the QA or The AS like yours. I'm just confused with all these model difference the AS on walthers website looks nothing like yours. So could u help me please?

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's no major differences in looks between the AS/QA and such.

However, there are Generation 1 and Generation 2 P99s

Gen 1 P99

Gen 2 P99

·
Banned
151 Posts
My Dept started to issue out the Smith & Wesson version of this in 40sw but I did'nt seem to like it very much because alot of them were breaking down. I just stuck it out with my S&W 4506-1.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have a gen 2 or gen 3 AS. Notice on the pictures how I have the long paddles for the magazine release?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm...didn't notice the Gen 2 I posted had the short mag release. That only occured in the early Gen 2 versions, those after 2005 have the longer ones and I believe are still considered Gen 2 (since only the mag release was changed).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea Im a little confused as to whether I hate a "late" Gen2 or if it's a Gen3 or is there even a Gen3 since all was changed was the paddle extensions....

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
You have a 3rd gen technically.

There is the pre-2004 model.

2004 model

And the 2005 model. Since 2005, they have had the longer mag release. Also, the trigger guard has been reshaped just a tad in 2005 - its not quite the sane as the 2004 models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts