FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I keep bringing this up, but has anyone got the new Walther PPS? Does anyone know where to get one? If they are out yet I guess. Any reviews out on them yet?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes, they are out - but right now, there was only like 999 released in a limited edition.

There has actually be posts about it on several forums. U may want to check out the Walther Forum. They have pics and reviews. I don't think anyone here has one.

Since I have a P99c, and it is the same size dimensionally EXCEPT for the thickness, I haven't felt the need to search one out yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I saw a couple of ads pop up on gunsamerica.com the other day, one for a 9mm and one for a .40. Both the regular non-first edition ones. I'm not sure if he actually had them in stock or not though.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Esteves said:
I'd be interested - if they came in a 5.7x28mm flavored version.
I don't see a pistol with a barrel being shorter than the Five Seven ever being made for the 5.7x28 ammo - The round needs a certain velocity to be effective. And, such a short barrel probably would not work. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about the Kel-tec P-11? I just applied for the lifetime permit and my wife did also. Been looking for nice carry piece for her. I've heard alot of good things about them. Can anyone give a mini review? I know they fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! Anyway like I said I'm looking for ideas for my wife after I do some elimination I'm going to take her to several places and let her they them out and see what she likes.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
That keltec has a LOT of recoil. It is not a fun gun to shoot at the range. If your wife is going to shoot it, she won't like it at all.

For a compact 9mm, I'd get a Glock 26 if you expect your wife to shoot it. For a small gun, it has a lot of kick.

I prefer my P99c A/S, but it does have a bit more recoil than the Glock 26 (but not nearly as much as that Keltec 9mm). I've let a few women shoot my P99c, and most agree that it is still too much for them.

U may want to consider a Bersa 380. My 69 year old mother has one that I sold her. She can handle it just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts