FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a chance to handle or shoot the new Walther PPS compact's yet? Look's like an excellent design for concealed carry. Ship, I know you are a Walther fan. What I found interesting is they have a backstrap mechanism for safe storage. Remove the backstrap and the gun can't fire. Kind of a novel idea.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
H&K has a nice safety feature too. eject the mag, use the key to turn to the left and the slide is locked and you cant pull the trigger :)

I got to hold one at a local gun shop and i liked it:) it would make a great ccw

·
Registered
249 Posts
I want one for CCW.

I just can't seem to find a used one for a good price.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do those typically go for? I have seen one for sale locally for $580 in .40 S&W.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I've held them a couple of tyimes. As an existing P99 compact owner - I don't see the point of buying the PPS. They don't come with the A/S trigger. And, yea, they are thin. But between the width and the shape of the grip - I don't find it very comfortable.

Admittedly, the fullsize P99 A/S is more ergonomic than the P99c - however, the P99c feels better than the PPS.

If I didn't already have the P99c, I might look at it - but, I'd also look at the XDsc and the P2000sk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wasn't aware that the p99 came in a compact version. I'm gonna' have to check that out.

B52U-
A local gun range/shop has new ones for $589
www.showmeshooters.com

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
awe its cute!! nice!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awe its cute!! nice!
Kind of like a wittow puppy dog. :lol:
I think it's the little stubby handle, like the legs on a basset hound or something.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
i need a nice ccw, i havent really looked but my usp is too big and it would stick out on me like a sore thumb so i just oc. i like the feel of the walther....hmm have you shot it yet Ship?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
No, haven't had the chance to shoot a PPS. Unless I luck upon someone with one at the range, I doubt I will get the chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts