FN Herstal Firearms banner

Want to SBR my PS90 advice where to start?

10K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  bunker buster 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just got my PS90 excited to SBR it. I know I have to do form 1. But I need advice on the hardware side. What brand and where to get the parts to make it a SBR.

#2 ·
Congrats on the PS90. SBRing it will make a good thing way better.

As far as parts, you really only need a barrel and flash hider or thread adapter (to run a can). As far as barrels, there are three options that I'm aware of: have yours cut and threaded, CMMG and I think Stryker may still make one. There may be other options, but I haven't paid much attention since I did mine a few years back. I went with CMMG for the barrel and FH they have held up well so far for 5K+ rounds.

Check out this thread also: PS90 Barrel Swap (How To W/Pics)

I'm just sitting down to my first cup of coffee, so I may have left out something. I always do that.

This post has been deleted
#12 · (Edited)
The blind lock pin removal was a bit sticky, I used a 1/4 inch end milling bit in a drill press. Clamped barrel into a tool maker's vise and just cut away the barrel jacket behind the pin until I could see the outline of the pin. After that, you just punch out the pin and unscrew left pitch every thing. I highly recommend you get an inexpensive bicycle cone wrench, rather than grind down a standard wrench for the barrel. The dimension escapes me at the moment, but I think it's like 15mm at the breach.

#13 ·
This first thing to get is the tax stamp. Otherwise, if you want to make sure you have a barrel buy one, or have yours cut down but keep it at a buddy’s house until you get the stamp. Thats what I did. You don’t want to possess the short barrel and the rifle without that stamp. Otherwise you might end up harvesting onions at the Federal Prison farm. Find someone to engrave your name and town on it after you “make” it.

Finally, be aware that CMMG barrels are threaded right hand, but real FN barrels have a left hand twist. Also, GSL of Jackson, MI makes a suppressor that’s very reasonable for the SBR.

It’s worth the wait and cost. The short barreled PS 90 is a blast!

#14 ·
Reactions: jaflowers and 42601
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.