FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ship or Therm. Can We make this a sticky so everyone can have a heads up? Lets add other lot #s to this Thread if more problem ammo is discovered.

Thanks

Dated 07/06/2006 Bad ammo lot number #FNB06C971-016

195 LF

I and other members have had feeding problems with our PS90s.I went to the range today and did the following experiment. I shot 2 different lot numbers of ammo and here is the report.
I used the same mag to eliminate "THAT" as a problem. I then fired 300 rds of ammo, 150rds of lot #FNB05L961-006 and 150rds of FNB06C971-016.

All Ammo was 195 L.F.

First full mag.
50 rds of FNB05L961-006 0-ftf or fte. perfect

Second full mag.
50 rds of FNB06C971-016 3-fte Jams

Third full mag.
50 rds of FNB05L961-006 0-ftf or fte. perfect

Fourth full mag.
50 rds of FNB06C971-016 1-fte Jam

fifth full mag.
50 rds of FNB06C971-016 9-fte Jams (same lot # as above)

Sixth full mag.
50 rds of FNB05L961-006 0-ftf or fte perfect

I could actually hear the difference in the report from the 2 lot numbers.

SOOOO... I called Bob Ailes at FNH to report to him the bad lot #FNB06C971-016

Everyone should check their ammo for this lot #. I sent the ammo back to Bob Ailes and he replaced it. Great customer service!

·
Vendor
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is from Pawpaw Dated Nov 18 2007. Ammo lot #C619669016

197SR

I had a case failure today in my PS90. The neck remained in the chamber while the rest of the case was ejected. The following round then stuck out of the chamber about 1/4 of an inch. The neck came out of the chamber easy enough then everything was fine. This was the 197SR cartridge.

Well, I contacted FN and Bob Ailes asked me to call him. He said that they think there was some ammo which was manufactured with the wall thickness too thin. He said that they thought they caught it in time before any of it got out, but evidently, at least one round got past them. He asked me to return what I have left in the case and they would send me a full case to replace it. I'm very impressed with their customer service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone had trouble with lot # FNB08H901-005 or had a problem with SS195LF loading inproperly and getting jammed in general. thank you for any tips or info. :(

·
Administrator
11,104 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
CRAP. I just went through my stash of SS195 and I have :

FNB06C971-016 I have almost a full case.

What should I do? :-?
Call Bob Ailes. See if they will replace it as it has been identified as a problem lot.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
M1P90 said:
This is from Pawpaw Dated Nov 18 2007. Ammo lot #C619669016

197SR
I am just trying to understand something about the lot numbers. All the ss197sr ammo I have, in 50 round boxs, the inside cover has a 10 digit number, no letters. I assume that this is the lot number? The brass case head has an 07 stamping.

I do not own any ss195.

The lot number style for ss195 is different, with the letter number sequencing?

I ask this because I do not have the cardboard box "case" that the ammo came in.

Thanks

·
Administrator
11,104 Posts
The SS195 is imported from Belgium. The SS197 is produced here in the USA.

Lot numbers are different because the manufacturers track them differently.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks HK!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just a heads-up.

Went to the range yesterday (in a heavy snow storm :-D ) and shot two boxes of this ammo without one problem. they all shot normal.

I left 2 messages yesterday and today for Bob Ailes about the bad ammo lot, so not sure what he will want to do, seems ok though.

Only problem I had was a light strike on an SS197sr. Fired the 2nd time around.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
Just a heads-up.

Went to the range yesterday (in a heavy snow storm :-D ) and shot two boxes of this ammo without one problem. they all shot normal.

I left 2 messages yesterday and today for Bob Ailes about the bad ammo lot, so not sure what he will want to do, seems ok though.

What was the lot number on the ss197sr?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,104 Posts
SONYtec said:
MrNuke7571 said:
Just a heads-up.

What was the lot number on the ss197sr?

Thanks.
Look at his first post in this thread, about 10 post up.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Thanks again HK, my eyes are getting wacky late at night. :?:

·
Registered
1 Posts
MrNuke7571 said:
Just a heads-up.

I also called Bob about the bad lot # a few weeks ago and he told me there are no known bad lots. I had the same results as you 250 rounds with no failures. IMO if you have problems with any ammo call Bob and he will most likely ask you to send it in and replace it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
LK45s said:
I also called Bob about the bad lot # a few weeks ago and he told me there are no known bad lots. I had the same results as you 250 rounds with no failures. IMO if you have problems with any ammo call Bob and he will most likely ask you to send it in and replace it.
Yeah, I'm not worried now, unless I see an issue with it. I still have 400 rounds so I'll keep an eye on it. I'll be mainly shooting and using SS197sr and stashing SS192 8)

·
Registered
90 Posts
stoneman said:
Anyone had trouble with lot # FNB08H901-005 or had a problem with SS195LF loading inproperly and getting jammed in general. thank you for any tips or info. :(
Just had the same question myself. Both my PS90 and 57 were suffering serious problems...neither have ever malfunctioned before this. (We're talking 7000-8000 rounds through each gun.) The PS90 suffered multiple failures to feed; it looks like the bolt didn't get far enough back to pick up the next round. the FN57 suffered about 15 failures to fire -- the spents ejected, the next round was picked up, but the hammer was not cocked for the shot. the muzzle flashes were super bright -- not the usual spectacular blast but REALLY bright. The problem appeared to only happen with the new "blue box" SS195s I shot. The older white boxes ran fine.

I think this may be a crap lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Failure to eject SS195LF

I shot about 200 rounds of the SS197 and pistol worked perfectly. i then bought 200 rounds of SS195LF. About 7 of the 30 rounds had failed to eject from the second box that i ordered. The lot number is FNB09A901-007. Also i clean all my firearms between shooting sessions. I just signed up with this forum today because of this. Has anyone else had problems.

·
Administrator
11,104 Posts
Re: Failure to eject SS195LF

adamjames82 said:
I shot about 200 rounds of the SS197 and pistol worked perfectly. i then bought 200 rounds of SS195LF. About 7 of the 30 rounds had failed to eject from the second box that i ordered. The lot number is FNB09A901-007. Also i clean all my firearms between shooting sessions. I just signed up with this forum today because of this. Has anyone else had problems.
Was this blue box or white box SS195LF?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts