FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife(!) decided that we should take up shooting. I had a Marlin .22 as a boy (who didn't?) but haven't had a firearm since then. After spending $200 testing different pistols at a local range over three weeks, we bought an FNP-9 two weeks ago. It shoots very nicely. Just for fun, I thought you'd like to see our list of pistols we tried: Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, S&W M&P9C (our favorite compact and probably the next purchase), S&W M&P 9, CZ 75 B (my second choice), Springfield XD9, Springfield XD9C, Springfield EMP (nice gun, but out of our price range), a S&W .357 revolver (big one -- 8-shot), a Taurus 5-shot .38, and a little hammerless .38 Special S&W. Sorry I didn't catch the model numbers of the revolvers, but there was a lot of shooting going on.

Anyway, bought the FN because it shot as well as any of the 4-inch guns we tried, it felt good to both of us, it was from FN, it has a nice soft recoil,and it was cheaper at that time, especially with the shooter's package promo.

Looking forward to enjoying our new hobby. We already picked up a really nice used Wingmaster 20 gauge, but I think we need an 18-inch 12-gauge and that Smith M&PC. Maybe a CZ and a .22 pistol, too. Or ...

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Welcome! Whatever you do, don't shoot an HK, beware the HK bug, once it bites there's no going back. Esp. the new HK45 and P30 and P30L.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Furyataurus said:
Welcome! Whatever you do, don't shoot an HK, beware the HK bug, once it bites there's no going back. Esp. the new HK45 and P30 and P30L.
Or a SIG! :D

Welcome to the forum. You made a good choice. And your second choice is a good one too. Everyone should have a CZ.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Welcome!!! Nice firearms you got there!! :? :?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Madhouse said:
Guys, I think those are the pistols they TRIED, not ones they own...
Sorry for the confusion -- those are just the one's we rented at the range. The only two we own are the FNP9 and a Remington Wingmaster 870. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from Seattle. Just picked up an SLP last week. First FN, but I'm looking at a DSA sometime soon. Right now I'm on a shotgun spree. Saigas, SLP and soon the TPS.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Very NICE!! WELCOME!! :? :shock:

·
Registered
31 Posts
6DoF said:
Hello from Seattle. Just picked up an SLP last week. First FN, but I'm looking at a DSA sometime soon. Right now I'm on a shotgun spree. Saigas, SLP and soon the TPS.
Well hello from Bothell.
Getting to be some Puget Sound members here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts