FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,937 Posts
Ka ching, ka ching, ka ching.

Better than gold. I expect a 1000% return on some items that have been sitting on my shelf the last 5 years......

AR15 bought for $600 will now go for $6000. Ammo that was 25 cents a round will go for $5 a round. Imagine that, $5000 for 1000 rounds of M80.

It pisses me off when they talk AWB but I'm at that age where its time for me to rid myself of my firearms and supplies and enjoy the fruits of my investments.

I can see my SCAR17s going for $5k to $6k each....

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Better than gold. I expect a 1000% return on some items that have been sitting on my shelf the last 5 years......

AR15 bought for $600 will now go for $6000. Ammo that was 25 cents a round will go for $5 a round. Imagine that, $5000 for 1000 rounds of M80.

It pisses me off when they talk AWB but I'm at that age where its time for me to rid myself of my firearms and supplies and enjoy the fruits of my investments.

Agreed but you're really optimistic. I was thinking sub $500 AR's going for $1500 - $2000 max. just because there's so damn many of them in the market. I think the 14 million figure for existing MSR's is WAY low. The higher dollar/quality MSR's, i.e. SCAR's, FAL's, Original Galils & Uzi, etc., will definitely reach mid to high 4 figure prices. For ammo, the sky's the limit but I see it as more a very valuable barter item. Shooting ranges as we know them will cease to exist with such a valuable commodity as ammunition not being readily available any longer. Not a lot of weekend warriors are going to be willing to go out and burn up their valuable stash...

·
Administrator
11,937 Posts
True but you also have to consider that if there is another AWB, it will be permanent. There will not be a sunset clause. And dependent on how it is or will be proposed, there will be limitations for existing items for transfer purposes so there is going to be a mad rush for everything on the shelves like happened with MGs. As such, I expect that those remaining semi auto black scary rifles are going to fly fast and the prices will increase exponentially.

If they are transferable, I see prices that are going to soar like the MGs prices soared after May86.

They want to outlaw the semi auto action.

·
Premium Member
15,317 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Ugh. I cant say I'm happy or surprised by the new push for gun control. I read a few articles last week on the growing dissatisfaction of the "anti" crowd with the Biden admin. He got his, now they want theirs.
So next week or later, bad winds are stirring.
I shuffled my feet and waited until last week to jump on that "one last thing" that I wanted. I paid a few hundred more than I could have if I hadn't dawdled. Maybe it will seem like a bargain down the line.
Just this AM I saw a box of AE 5.7 for $109. Thinking that will go up makes me think someone has been tampering with the water supply.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - HST

·
Vendor
5,789 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts