FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
I'm not holding my breath. I allready chucked the original - cause it is neither upgradable nor useful in any way shape or form.

TH

·
Registered
19 Posts
just got my first PS90.. up/down parallax is horrible even at 25 yds...

Thanks
smoke

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When zero'd at 50 yd, I found my shots weren't that much lower at 25 yd, but then again an empty Pringles tube with a red dot drawn on a clear lens would have given me better consistency than the horrible MC-10-80.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SN # nearly 42000, So far the sights have been clear in all light conditions Although I would prefer they be black .. My problem is the up/down parallax is aweful..
Thanks
smoke

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cheap fix I am trying

I ordered some nice LED key chain lights.

What I plan on trying is drilling and screwing one onto one of the left side using the provided holes.

Then removing the LED from the actual light and extending it to reach to the light gathering window at the front of the sight, this task also needs a small aluminum shade to keep the LEDs light from spilling out and being a distraction.

I imagine with the right light and a bit of goofing off on some easy fab work I'll make the sight decent since it will have a bright recticle at all times when switched on like all other reflex rights.

I'll post an update and some pictures when I am done.

My back up is to mill an ATN compact ultra that I have laying around to fit as low as possible down where the factory sight is so the scope to barrel hight stays under control.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Good luck with that. Last year, I saw some people messing with that and trying to come up with a viable LED option. I almost tried it, but just went ahead and put an optic on it. Let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Last week, I just purchased an REM from other forum member. Luckly deal fell and he lived city right next to me. It is really nice. It works really well at dark.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
BunkerBuster said:
Last week, I just purchased an REM from other forum member. Luckly deal fell and he lived city right next to me. It is really nice. It works really well at dark.
KEWL :)

Can U take a pic? :)

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The REM (Reticle Enhancement Modual) is a great mod to the existing factory sight. It is very bright and works on CR2032 batteries.
Its also not bulky and looks rather stock.
Its a great little unit. I personally never shot with it because I never had it on my gun. I only bought it to have on my old sight which I took off the gun as soon as I got the USSS sight (MC-10-80) last year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the REM only illuminate the low-light reticle? If so, the sun has no problem keeping that tri-bar reticle lit up (first hand experience). That reticle is more than useless at 50yd-100yd since the center is too wide.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Correct, the REM only lights up the open "T" bars. But it makes the reticle about 5 times as bright. This would come in handly indoors when you can not see the white rectile. Since you can turn it on and off, you can only use it if you can not see the white donut of death.

Ship: You are correct. Unfortunetly I lost his contact info when that forum went down. Hopefully he joins here because its a great little unit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tqtran said:
Correct, the REM only lights up the open "T" bars. But it makes the reticle about 5 times as bright. This would come in handly indoors when you can not see the white rectile. Since you can turn it on and off, you can only use it if you can not see the white donut of death.

Ship: You are correct. Unfortunetly I lost his contact info when that forum went down. Hopefully he joins here because its a great little unit.
I cannot see the white donut outdoors under the noon sun on a clear sunny summer day, but instead the low-light reticle is fully lit up. It's useless at 50yd-100yd but it is half-way decent at 25yd or at shorter distances so I can see why people might like it. Now if the REM would keep the donut lit up, it'd be more useful.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the guys email, I bought one works well. PM or Email me and I will foward it to you, as I dont want to post his email here on the open forum without his OK.

:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts