FN Herstal Firearms banner

Which bulb upgrade should I buy for my Surefire G2?

• P60L for 80 Lumens and 11 Hours runtime. Retail Cost: $39

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • P61 for 120 Lumens and 20 Minutes runtime. Retail Cost: $25

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've got the Surefire G2 Nitrolon mounted to my PS-90TR with a 1" scope ring. I want to improve the 65 Lumen output. Mind you, this isn't shabby by any means, I just want something brighter.

So help me choose! :D :?

Note: I'm also going to buy the Click-On Lock-Out tailcap as I like it better than having to turn the butt-end.

EDITED: for reference, the standard G2 puts out 65 Lumens for 60 minutes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now the flashlight is serving a dual-purpose as both a weapon light and a regular flashlight. I think if it was solely a weapon light, I'd probably have no problem just picking up the 120 Lumen bulb since [the weapon light] would be used very sparingly.

I really like the Surefire L4 with it's 100 Lumen LED and 2.5 hour run-time, but it's not very cost effective at the moment. :(

Sigh... decisions, decisions. Let the polling continue (with reasons, please)! :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Promoted Pawn said:
The cost of batteries is something to consider if you are going to use the flashlight often.
Otherwise go for the gusto.
I'm trying to work around that with rechargeable batteries, if it's feasible. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
FSCJedi said:
Right now the flashlight is serving a dual-purpose as both a weapon light and a regular flashlight. I think if it was solely a weapon light, I'd probably have no problem just picking up the 120 Lumen bulb since [the weapon light] would be used very sparingly.
:D

I think you answered your own question 8)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blkbd said:
I think you answered your own question 8)
I wish it were so simple. I think the 80 Lumen makes the most sense for right now as it's a dual-purpose light, but if I mounted it permanently... OOOOOOOHHHH... *light bulb comes on* I think you're right! :oops: :-D :?

So now I need another flashlight. Hehehe...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I run a 6v light with a 9v bulb and 2 4v rechargeables. I haven't seen anything as bright as this setup and found it to be brighter than some 9v setups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts