FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having trouble fitting a light to my ps90. I have two one is a Pentagon on an offset mount and the other is a SF scout light. When mounting the SF on the right side of the ps90 the screw gets in the way of the magazine and so does the Pentagon. If I monut either of these light on the left hand side of the gun it messes with my non dominate eye. so mounting on the left is out, mounting on the right is out as well, due to the magzine not being able to pass the lights. So do any of you guys have any suggestions as to what I should do. I could buy a new light but who wants to spend more money.

Note: When mounting on the right side im also having trouble with pressure pad placement.

I thank you for any advice on this matter.

Doc

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Do you have a PS90 TR or standard?
I am assuming its a TR since that is a common problem with the TR.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
I used to have this problem...but adding a small piece of paper under the light was just enough to change where the screw "ended" its turn for plenty of clearance. That is the "Poor mans" fix.

I was at the NRA convention and saw these guys there with a booth:

http://www.yhm.net/store/rails.html

They had these there:

This particular model has those bigger hex screws you can get your thumb on.....I asked for the rounded edge hex screws instead. They said just ask for the other kinds of screws in your order. I figure that way I can set the riser any way I like.

There are all sorts of cool things on this site. I ordered one of those 45º angled things so I can set my laser and light on my M4 at better angles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ICK thats what i was kind of looking for. I'm also thinking of just changing out the viking tact offset mount I have. I don't really like it anyway its kind of cheap and not very secure. Thats why I took it of of my RRA ar15. I hop that just a new mount will be successful.

Thabk for the help guys good looking out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
shotgunner79 said:
ICK thats what i was kind of looking for. I'm also thinking of just changing out the viking tact offset mount I have. I don't really like it anyway its kind of cheap and not very secure. Thats why I took it of of my RRA ar15. I hop that just a new mount will be successful.

Thabk for the help guys good looking out.
Just curious, but what about the VTAC light mount wasn't secure? I have one on my Mossberg, one on my AR, and now one on my PS90. They have all been very secure. Many of my friends and coworkers run them and love them as well. I consider it one of the few exceptions to the "you get what you pay for" rule.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FIXED IT!! So I ran around all over town to day and hit all the tact shops and them some hoping to find a fix. CAA has a mount that swivels, it fits well and is still compact, no more hitting the magazine. It also no longer washes out the sight. Which was really bothering me. So hopefully this mount lasts a while ive never used CAA before. Thanks for your help guys.

DOC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts