FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This web site is hard to read due to the lack of contrast of a dark gray background with black lettering. Any chance of changing it to a more contrasting colors?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
We'll have to see. It's been this way for over a year, and its kind of the theme of the site. We've only had 2-3 people say something about it over all this time.

The easiest way would be to change the text color. I just played with all the colors while working on this post (and previewing it). The only color that seems to work besides white is yellow.

What do U guys think of that?

I did this post in yellow.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Well, changing the background color would be a bigger deal than the text color. If we get enough requests, we can look into changing the text colors possibly.

I think white is fine, personally, but I understand we all don't have the same eyes. Black seems to work okay too... (I think the yellow is too bright)

What do ya'll think?

(I reread you comments - it seems to be more geared at the black text on the main part of the site and not in the posted messages (which have a grey.white color, right?)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes i agree it is kinda hard on the eyes .......but maybe dark blue txt...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Personally I have no problem with white, I like it. Don't like the yellow and the black could be hard on the eyes after a while.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
The more I looked at it, I hated the yellow. The black seems to be the only decent alternative. But, I'm fine with it the way it is too.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ShipWreck said:
The more I looked at it, I hated the yellow. The black seems to be the only decent alternative. But, I'm fine with it the way it is too.[/quote]

just blus is good too plus it would go with our banner :wink:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I prefer the way it is over the blue - but what is other people's opinion?

I think a paragraph or two of blue in 1 post would be too much.

Next time I post a news story in the 2nd amendment section, I'll try to remember to post it in blue to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I just posted an article in the 2nd amendment section - I tried doing it in blue, and yea, it is too damn bright. I did it in black, which isn't bad. But, it seems that the only choices are black or the ehisting color. And the problem with black is that when text is quotes, the text block is a darker color. It would be too hard to read the text then.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I was more referring to the main page with the topics rather than the actual message board. I am fine with the way things are. Just have to use my cheaters more. :)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Kost said:
Change the default white to any color you want :eek:
That will work too :p

I looked at several colors, though, and really don't see any other solution - 1 post is fine. But when U start trying entire threads and long posts of various colors, they all start to not look so good except for the white - IMHO...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts