FN Herstal Firearms banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,214 Posts
Try putting it in your freezer, let it sit for a few hours then try a stiff brush muzzle end first again. Don't laugh it's worked before, dissimilar metals contract at different rates, give it a try. Good luck oh and Happy FN New Year!

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wood Coin Beach Landscape Circle

My wife's sewing kit has all kinds of curved hooks and other torture devices. Those and a bamboo skewer got me these. Not 100% sure it's clear. It will feed a snap cap, but I still think I see something in there. I'm half blind, though.

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I would definitely send it in. I think I might have been the first KB! with it. They had mine and others for 4 months upgrading them.
Definitely contacting them Monday. I just got notice about an hour ago that my Form 1 has been submitted. I'd rather it not blow up on me now.

My Vepr-12 SBS is no longer the king-hell problem child of my collection.

Reactions: jaflowers

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
P50 is heading back to FL, just waiting on the label. CS was good and hassle free. That's always a plus.

The MP12 is going back to S&W also. This was the range trip of the damned.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well it sounds like it will be a good thing that I will likely have to wait for summer before I can buy one ..... maybe by then they will have all the bugs worked out :) ...... it just looks like it will be a fun little pistol to shoot and mess with. Just had my PS90 back to the range after my upper upgrade to the Effen90 ..... still love that thing :)

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I received the P50 back from Kel-Tec today. They replaced the bolt group assembly with the updated version. They also serviced the chamber (noted as a 3-step honing process). They test fired it with 10 rounds of ss198LF and 10 rounds of AE...no issues.
I can't get out to give it a test run until next week. But if nothing else, the service was impressive. I called them last Monday, FedEx picked it up Wed and they had it fixed the following Monday afternoon. Total turnaround of week and a half, including travel time.
Here's some pics of the work done (you can compare it to my earlier pics):
Tool Line Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system Bicycle part

Also picked up a new optic for it while it was on its little vacation. I can't use the factory sights...too old/blind.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

41 - 47 of 47 Posts