FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I had mentioned earlier, we almost lost our Akita a couple days ago. On Wednesday morning she could hardly move and her belly was bloated. She was obviously in a lot of pain. She was diagnosed with a twisted stomach and the vet at time was skeptical about her making it. But her surgery went well and there was no permanent damage...and today, she came home. She has a satellite dish and is on limited duty for a week until the stitches come out, but she's doing great.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Glad to hear. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: akitainu

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And she's home just in time...the cats were getting out of control. They even took over her bed.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
That's excellent news! Its always tough to have a family member in surgery.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great news Ak. Love the cat take over as well.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear she is doing well, we just lost our dog to evens disease he was about 5 years old, our whole family was pretty tore up over it, he will be missed!
I'm sorry to hear that. I've been through it a few times now and it never get any easier...especially when they are still young.

Reactions: rslsss

·
Registered
639 Posts
Glad to hear your family member is doing okay!!

And the cats weren't taking over.... they were just keeping her bed warm!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I'm sure she's happy to be home to! By the way it's not a satellite dish so whisper when you say anything like treats, Cookie or ride.

ever-since-i-went-to-the-vet-everything-has-been-loud-as-****.jpg

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glad to hear your girl is home and doing ok. I had a yellow lab that a couple years ago that got hit by a car a died. That was very hard to deal with, he was only 6 months old. Now I have a littleChihuahua and love her to death.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to hear your girl is home and doing ok. I had a yellow lab that a couple years ago that got hit by a car a died. That was very hard to deal with, he was only 6 months old. Now I have a littleChihuahua and love her to death.
That's awful, sorry for your loss. But I'm glad the little one is there for you now. Dogs are pretty damn great.

Reactions: Raider

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
So happy she made it through surgery and is recovering :)

And It's great to hear that you sent her to surgery even if the vet thought the chances were slim, family deserves nothing less.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
rslsss,

Sorry for your loss.

Glad to hear she is doing well, we just lost our dog to evens disease he was about 5 years old, our whole family was pretty tore up over it, he will be missed!

Reactions: rslsss

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
Excellent to hear your Big Girl is home, and it seems home with a cone inverted that is. I think the cats just missed her. :?
As I had mentioned earlier, we almost lost our Akita a couple days ago. On Wednesday morning she could hardly move and her belly was bloated. She was obviously in a lot of pain. She was diagnosed with a twisted stomach and the vet at time was skeptical about her making it. But her surgery went well and there was no permanent damage...and today, she came home. She has a satellite dish and is on limited duty for a week until the stitches come out, but she's doing great.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts