FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well went out to shoot today and,got one round off and then it happen.

My FNP 9 jammed really bad, took an hr to get it cleared out and then I find that my trigger group is just destroyed cracked in two places.

what a shame. :twisted: :-x :cry: :-? :(

This gun has caused me alot of heart ache, It might be time to cut my ties with FNH. I will send it in and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Wow! What happened?!?

I've thrown alot of rounds downrange with my FNP-9, never had an issue.

Real sorry to hear about this man. What ammo were you shooting?

:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I have had my 9 for a little over a year and my guess is 500-700rds down the pipe, i only shoot whitebox win or wolf because it's cheap. All is standard 115 grain. Not sure how it happen i know over the last year there has been several guys on this forum that have had the same problem, and my undrstanding is that FN is very aware of the problem.

I have my CCW and was going to start carry this gun but, i think i might stick to my glock, it just will not fail me. I have had several jamming issues with my Fn and failure to feed when a i insert a full mag. And once at the range my firing pin failed,but the range master was able to fix it.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
You may have one of the models that had a slot in the trigger housing, which proved weak. Talk to Bob, send in the gun, and they will straighten it out for you. You may want to include the other issues you were having with it.
Hope it all works out well for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Dano;
Sorry to hear about your problem I shoot on a range that ran into almost the same thing a while back. The gun owner made a call (don't know who he talked to.) sent it through to the repair dept. Parts were replaced and the gun was tested and sent back all within about two weeks. I thought that was pretty fast.

After that gun came back he ran four boxes of White Box 115gr. through it non stop and it worked perfect no problems at all. I see him once in a while and asked about the gun. He told me he thinks it's better now than before the trouble. He swears the trigger is smoother, and he loves the way it shoots.

Write up all of your experience with your gun and ship it to them. I am sure you will be taken care of quickly.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Don't be to upset! Mine broke earlier this year. 21 day turnaround, better trigger and over 2000rds later, no problems. Call Bob Ailes 703-288-1292 ext 122. They had a bad batch of fire control housings last year but they got a "fix". :?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I sent my gun in today, shipped it overnight red. I did call FN and talked to there customer service,and got some guy who acted like he didn't give a sh?t about my problems. He was very short and sweet the only reply I got out of him was "just send it in" Okay i said,so I asked what is your turn around time, reply 4-6 weeks.

This guy didn't even explain how to ship or that I needed to fill out the service fourm. I just figured it all out on my own. And yes I did list all of the different issues I have been having. I just wonder what ever happen to customer service,It is all but gone.

I guess i will just see what happens.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I received my 9mm back from FN today. I am not sure what they did, the packing slip just says minor repairs? WTF? is minor repairs. What makes it even worse is I just called them on monday and was told that the gunsmith had it and it would be another week before they even shipped it, but I could not get a single answer what was wrong or what was fixed. So i have a repaired gun I guess that I will take to the range on sat and see, I am just not sure what was fixed.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Minor repair probably means take off slide, pull out fire control group, insert better fire control group, put slide back on, test fire.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I would agree with B52U. If it was just your fire control group that was damaged, they probably just dropped and beafier new one in and checked the gun over to make sure everything else was fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts