FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the black 20 round 3 magazine set, and I traded my S&W 1086 (like new, less then 100 rounds fired through it) for the 5.7 even up. I guess I will have to mail order some ammo since no one here in town sell the ammo. Hope I don't regret the trade.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks shipmates, just wish the ammo was a little less. Every other shot at the range just say "Dollar"! :roll:

I reload for 357, 10mm, 222 Rem and 257 Roberts, but not sure I would be comfortable reloading this little round. My thinking is just a small miss measure, bullet seated couple thousandths too deep, or neck of case too tight and you got a major kaboom for sure.

That said I might give it a try, but doubt I will unless ammo is no longer produced or get north of a dollar per round. From what O can tell by looking on the Internet it is running about $20 to $22 per box, but if you are buying off the net it will be even more.

·
Registered
475 Posts
ammo is not that bad a box of .40 s&w fmj goes for about $16/box online and i can find 5.7x28 for $20/box and sometimes cheaper when its on sale all in all i think you'll like your purchase

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far from what I can see is that 5.7 cost about $0.40 to $0.42 a round and my hand loaded 10mm ammo is running close to the same for ammo reloaded with jacked bullets. Lead cast cast is was running about $0.25 a pop last time I loaded a batch.

Due to current cost of even reloading I am being forced into shooting 22LR mostly these days. I am sure the COLA increase this year will not be 20 to 30 percent to bring my retirement back up to where it was two years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts