FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Collector's Firearms is MUCHO, MUCHO expensive. I'll bet U can find it cheaper than that. I like to go there to browse, as the place is almost like a museum. But, WAY too expensive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't I know it! But I have gotten a few good deals there. If you don't mind the price they have unmatched selection onhand. If you want to look at some WWII rifles they have a great selection. I picked up my Garand and my M1 Carbine there as well as 3 x SMLEs and a Mauser as well. Priced high but in excellent condition, sometimes hard to find in 60 + year old war rifles.

They have great customer service as well. I do not plan on getting one of these 5.7 ARs I just thought it was good to see the round leaving the FN line of firearms. Maybe somebody can work on a good CCW in 5.7, I carry my Five Seven sometimes and it's just a little too large for everyday carry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ruggles,.......

ever stationed in AK?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
yea...old news...round wont be any cheaper though

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never stationed in AK, Okinawa, Virginia Beach and Camp Pendleton in CA.

I think rather or not it lowers the cost of the round (which I think is fairly priced in today's market already) is not the point. The fact that a non FN weapon is using the round is nice to see.

How about a nice Ruger bolt action next? Or a nice 8-9 shot S&W K or L frame revolver.... I think this could be the start of the round being much more available....or maybe not. Who knows.

Either way it's good to see this rifle for sale at retail and not just at a trade show booth.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I agree that the round is fairly price especially since other rounds have dramatically :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd like to see a piston driven upper for the AR with the hottest loads that can be packed into the small size.

A 50round box of 5.7 is tiny compared to most ammo out there. If full .223 velocities could be achieved out of a small round, that would have huge potential. I haven’t looked into powder specifics, but I’m sure there’s something out there that could make a 5.7 +P++. Perhaps make the round slightly longer so that it can’t chamber properly in a 5.7 gun and also make it too tight of a fit in the current magazines that would alert the user that, hey, it’s the wrong ammo. Now if it was backwards compatible with current 5.7 ammo, that would be sweet. Possibly a lever to change the amount of gas escaping similar to that of the FS2000 to ensure reliability.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
there are some rather "hot" rounds made already that exceed 2250fps just out of the Five-seveN :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
iCeMaN said:
there are some rather "hot" rounds made already that exceed 2250fps just out of the Five-seveN :?
I'm talking 1.5 times that quick, minimum. :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:evil: :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts