FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that he isn't selling anymore because they completely stopped importing it. He's got about 10 cases and is holding on to sell later.

WTF? I didn't know this. :( If I missed it, I'm sorry for the repeated thread, but it's news to me and thought that I would pass on the word, or first, find out if it's true or not.

Before I go on a buying spree of places that are still selling for under $20/box, I need to know if it's true. As if I thought that the drastic increase in price of .223 wasn't enough :cry:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Bs

I am calling BS as I just bought half a case from my buddys gun shop and the shipment I bought from just came in four hours before and he ordered two days before that, so, sound s like to me he is trying to find a reason to quit selling the ammo or an excuse to drive prices sky high.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not true, and I don't know about you, but I would definitely not buy from a gun shop that flat out lies to it's customers.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It's my understanding that FN has it's own domestic production facilities for 5.7x28 ammo.
Tomac

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tomac said:
It's my understanding that FN has it's own domestic production facilities for 5.7x28 ammo.
Tomac
Exactly ! I would definetly quit buying stuff from that gun shop ! If he lies about ammo, then one must wonder what else he will lie about ? If all else fails buy it from buds or wylde, is that his name? Any way he is a member of the forum and as soon as I get a reply from him I will be buying several boxes from him.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tomac said:
Tomac
the SS197 is made over here, the SS195 and others are made over there.

Did he then tell you how the USG importation will be banned soon so you better buy his for 3 grand while it's still such a deal?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
commander zippy said:
Tomac said:
Tomac
the SS197 is made over here, the SS195 and others are made over there.

Did he then tell you how the USG importation will be banned soon so you better buy his for 3 grand while it's still such a deal?
No he did not. He flat out wouldn't sell me the SS195, he didn't try to raise prices, just no sale at all.

Tanners isn't too far from me, although Claytons is a lot closer. I'll just buy ammo at Tanners I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts