FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was down at my local gun store poking around and lo what did I behold!

Laying behind the counter was an obvious 1960's era CETME Sport (aka the semi-auto Model C) in pristine condition. Next to it were 4 original CETME mags with 2 still wrapped in their oiled wax paper.

Not believing what I was seeing I asked to see it thinking maybe it was a Century Arms monstrosity. I flipped the thing over and stamped on the right side was the "Made in Spain - Exclusively for MARS Equipment Corp". I ask if its for sale, the owner says yep- he had just brought it in from an estate buy. Some guy had this in his gun safe as the original buyer back in the 1960s!

The the owner hits me with if I want it I can have it for $2300 out the door with all the mags. I could not write the check fast enough.

Its gorgeous- smooth action, not a hint of rust, if its ever been fired it was so long ago you cant even smell any powder in the chamber. Extremely little wear- the finish is 99% with only a few small dings to the wood.

Less then 3,000 imported before CETME ceased production in the 1960s. Back then this rifle sold for about $200 so it was not cheap back then.

The best part? Its not on the state of Connecticuts Assault Weapon Ban- in our ban they list banned guns by make and model- seems the CETME missed the ban as it was not being made at the time so it has all the evil features that caused our politicians to froth at the mouth- detachable high capacity magazines, pistol grip, flash suppressor, etc.

I'm debating whether I should sleep with it or the wife tonight...

·
Vendor
5,791 Posts
SWEET!!! Nice find! I have a Century CETME and a Century G3 and both are good shooters and function fine. Yours is a KEEPER! :shock:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Awsome find...

If you ever have it apart could we see a picture of the trigger pack?

Very nice looking, you got a keeper there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you :D

Fatcat- you want a picture I assume of the internals of the pack? That's easy but you will have to wait a week or so as I am leaving shortly for Corpus Christi, TX for business.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Wow, that looks great. I need to start watching for estate sales.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts