FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I added yet another new member to my FN family last night when I picked up a gently used FS2000. I am loving the pointability and ergonomics so far much more than I thought I would. I am no longer yearning for a Tavor! However I am not as familiar with the FS2000 as I am with the other FN rifles. I was wanting to see what toys and accessories were out there and what other owners considered must haves. For my SCAR 17 and my PS90 I added rail space, and I went with the Giselle trigger on the SCAR. Hopefully that gives you an idea as to my preferences.

The rifle came with the NUE trigger device installed and while I think I might try polishing the rods, but I am fairly happy with the trigger pull for a combat rifle. It also has a decent single point sling adaptor (blackhawk I think) installed. I know I want more rail space, but was wondering if there were options other than the factory tri-rail. And all the other stuff I am sure I would "need" if I just new it was available! That's where I am hoping you all come in. :wink:

Any and all advice appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
+1 on the flashlight mod, it's real easy to do. Also, I got a spare "switch", the white plastic part that lifts the spent case, and a spare front handguard to replace the one I modified for the flashlight in case I ever want to sell the gun.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I like to take mine out when several people are meeting us or me... It is a well appreciated gun to shoot ( by non owners )....
Judo Chop is great, and good mags.....
It is just a cool looking gun.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Must have Judochop charging handle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Judochop, ammo, Neu-Trigger, ammo, ERT sling, magazines, ammo.

And lemon juice to take that silly grin off your face!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much for all the responses! I am loving this rifle. I can't get over how clunky and ungainly it looks until I pick it up. Then it is just right. Cornering, target acquisition and rapid fire on target due to the super light recoil is just amazing to me.

A couple years ago I got a 10 pack of metal C mags with no-tilt followers. I never took them out of the plastic since I have had such good luck with all my Pmags, but I am glad I have them now! Does anyone know if the 40/60/100 round metal Surefire mags will work with the FS2000? Also has anyone experimented with modifing the gasket to take Pmags?

I will be getting the Judo Chop for sure. Is Bullpup Armory the place to get it? I will check and see if they are a sight supporter. If not, I will find it from someone that is...

Here is a closeup of the new toy! Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Does anyone know if the 40/60/100 round metal Surefire mags will work with the FS2000?
Yes, BUT....

I think to get P-mags to work, you have to sand down the mags themselves. I've never tried it. I gave up on the whole idea of polymer mags in the FS. I got a big ol' stack of D&H mags and they work great.

The FS looks great.

Reactions: 00stormbringer

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Haven't shot mine enough to know: what are the issues with the original charging handle?
Some people have had them break. Honestly, I never had a problem with the OEM handle. But it was a fairly cheap upgrade and I'm glad I did it.

Reactions: okscar

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haven't shot mine enough to know: what are the issues with the original charging handle?
I've never had a problem with mine.

The only "must have" for my FS2000 is the Urban E.R.T. sling and your optic of preference.

Aside from that, the only upgrade/change I've put on mine is the Neu-Trigger. I still have the stock plastic forend, charging handle, safety switch, trigger, etc...

A couple years ago I got a 10 pack of metal C mags with no-tilt followers. I never took them out of the plastic since I have had such good luck with all my Pmags, but I am glad I have them now! Does anyone know if the 40/60/100 round metal Surefire mags will work with the FS2000? Also has anyone experimented with modifing the gasket to take Pmags?
I've never bothered with P-MAGs, since you can easily get good STANAG pattern mags for the same price and not have to modify them. It isn't the gasket that interferes with PMAGs, but the ribs all polymer magazines have that start just after where the AR-15 mag well would stop. You'd have to remove those to get them to fit in the gun. I've heard people have an easier time modifying E-MAGs (which are P-MAGs, but made to fit European weapons), but dremel work is still required. To answer the question about Surefire mags, probably not. Anything that bulges out (like their 60 rounder) isn't going to fit. The 40 rounders might fit.

A good general litmus test is to look at your current mags. You should be able to see a slight ring where the upper bit rubs against the gasket when you insert/remove them. That is about how far down an AR-15 magazine well extends. If a magazine bulges out after that (mag walls, ribs, or anything wider than STANAG magazines), it ain't gonna fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Problem with any mod on this thing is weight. Mine is a Standard, minus stock optic and optic guard: binned all that after Year 1. Some guy on YouTube covered the topic of accessory-bloat in a thorough review, complete with actual weight changes per a digital scale.

My FS suffered from too much. For me, that was: Valdata Pitbull 1x4, vertical grip, FN accessory rail (really heavy), ERT sling, Surefire X400 light and laser. Didn't seem like much, but it was too much.

The Valdata was and is too heavy by a long shot. Dunno what they're thinking. There were other things I did not like about it, though really did like the wide field of view and co-witness at 1x power.

I chose, then as now, to pay the price for the FN accessory rail. Ugh. Dumped the heavy scope for lighter. No vertical grip. But I added a small bipod, that at least comes off quickly. X400 is overkill, but also comes off fast.

So yeah, it's still a bit heavy though I have weighed it, going from "oppressive" to "a bit unweildy". Mine is a range gun, or for shooting **** out in the WA backwoods off my tailgate: unleashing my inner *******, occasionally (yee HAH!) If I carried it for-real, bet I'd be back to stock grip with the light mod, and red-dot EoTech only. ERT sling, too, of course.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts