FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put a tac light with tape switch on my PS90, and trying to get some ideas. I'm thinking about the Streamlight TLR-1 with tape switch. So, lets see your lights, show me whatcha got. :D

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, as shown in my post in the product review section - I just had a Scorpion light mounted - with no pressure switch. My laser had the switch - and I didn't want two switches on the gun. For a rifle, handgun lights just don't look right to me.

But, there are several guys here with lights on their guns like you are asking about...

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
The TLR-1 is a nice light.
I have a TLR-1 on one PS90 but I'm using the factory toggle switch.
I also have a TLR-2 on another PS90 with the same type of setup.
I'm not fond of wires over my guns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How easy is it to activate without the tape switch? I just don't like to change my grip to activate the lights.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
hkuspc9 said:
How easy is it to activate without the tape switch? I just don't like to change my grip to activate the lights.
Its not hard, it just takes a second to reach over and activate it with your support hand.

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
:)
Welcome Spiderman!

Hey Tqtran. Since you have the Quad Rail wouldn't it be better to put the light on the q-rail next to the barrel and activate it with with the thumb of your forward hand? :D

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
But then it wouldn't look like a SG issue weapon :x :lol:

Truthfully I had tried to mount it on the quad-rail but decided against it for many reasons.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Although I have since replaced the Eotech w/an Aimpoint CompM4 I'm still using the Insight M3-LED taclight on the CMMG siderail. What I especially like about this light is the aux LED for stealth/navigation when you want to preserve battery life and/or night vision. I have the green LED which gives you appx 10yds of useful light. In addition to the std rocker switch on the back (nice to have in case of tapeswitch failure) it also has a rotary switch: 1) System off, 2) Tapeswitch or rocker switch will activate main beam, 3) Aux LED constant on but hitting the tapeswitch or rocker switch will turn LED off and activate main beam & 4) Aux LED constant on at a very low level, main beam deactivated. The only thing I don't like about this setup is that the M3-LED uses a bulb for the main beam instead of an LED like the TLR-1. To that end I keep a couple of spare bulbs under the PS90's trigger pack along w/a couple of spare lithium AA's.
Tomac

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just got my PS90, and already had an M-3.

I mounted it on the left side on the CMMG side rail, and it works great.

I can activate the light with the rocker-switch with the thumb of my left hand while holding the rifle normally.

Looks good too IMHO.

Now I have to figure out what to put on the other side... :roll:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Turbozag said:
I just got my PS90, and already had an M-3.

I mounted it on the left side on the CMMG side rail, and it works great.

I can activate the light with the rocker-switch with the thumb of my left hand while holding the rifle normally.

Looks good too IMHO.

Now I have to figure out what to put on the other side... :roll:
Give us a looksey :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts