FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get a ballistics Calculator app for my iphone5,:th_help: what app are you using or have used, iSnipe, Shooter-Ballistics calculator, BulletFlt L2, Or BulletFlight or would you recommend another and if so why? Also please give pro's:? and con's:\\/: for the ones you have used:th_thanx:

·
Registered
389 Posts
So far I like the Strelok pro but haven't played with it much. There is a free lite version that doesn't have all the reticles the pay one has. Mine is Android though so not sure if there is a I phone version.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I'm using Strelok on my Android operating system phone. I'm using the free version and it has all the reticules I use. Compared to other online ballistic calculators, it is pretty much the same (no ballistics calculator has been exact for my rifles, but they usually get me pretty close so I don't waste much ammo)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do these have a place to input the rifle Brl length, twist and are able to use custom reloads/velocities, I'v just never used an app, there is one that that says it is being used by the military (BulletFlight) I was hoping someone might be using it and could shed some light ?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost forgot to add iSnipe looks like a fairly complete ballistics app it also has videos that walks you through step by step setting it up.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_0858.jpg IMG_0856.jpg IMG_0855.jpg :mrgreen:Here is the Remington 700 5R mil spec 20" threaded Brl 308 and Night-force Atacr 5-25x56 lighted reticule 34mm tube W/ level and ADI what do you think? I haven't got to shoot it yet but looking forward to it:th_ban_dance01:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm using Strelok on my Android operating system phone. I'm using the free version and it has all the reticules I use. Compared to other online ballistic calculators, it is pretty much the same (no ballistics calculator has been exact for my rifles, but they usually get me pretty close so I don't waste much ammo)
I can get the Strelok on my iphone but it doesn't have reticles or reticle holdovers in real time something I would like to have on other scopes

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the strelok android app as well. I prefer getting to know my reticle, learn to use the mil-dots and you'll be able to do everything that rifle will be suited for. If you move to a larger caliber and get out to longer range you'll find the calculations of the app aren't needed once you understand the glass. Everything you need is in that eye piece.
Nice scope BTW. Here's what you need to study:

The download for your reticle is here: Support | Nightforce Optics, Inc.

·
Administrator
11,088 Posts
View attachment 23266 View attachment 23267 View attachment 23268 :mrgreen:Here is the Remington 700 5R mil spec 20" threaded Brl 308 and Night-force Atacr 5-25x56 lighted reticule 34mm tube W/ level and ADI what do you think? I haven't got to shoot it yet but looking forward to it:th_ban_dance01:
Looks nice. I still do not have my 700 set up yet. Time to get off the pot I guess. Need a Bi-pod and a mount for the glass. Oh yes, I need to clean it too.......

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use iSnipe. Awesome iPhone/iPad app. I love that it lets you add all the information about your rounds and guns. Also uses GPS to get you current weather related data. It's kinda too good because it feels like cheating.

Reactions: rslsss

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks articzal I will definitely Check it out, HK about all I have done is mount the scope and clean it now I'm sick and it's snowing so you can catch me pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Justin that one was looking good to me also, good to hear it works well.

·
Administrator
11,088 Posts
....., HK about all I have done is mount the scope and clean it now I'm sick and it's snowing so you can catch me pretty easy.
Yeah, looking at the Badger Ord steel scope mount and some rings. Pretty hefty chunk of change though. Still doing some research on some less expensive alternatives, but I would like to stay with a steel mount and avoid aluminum. Got to have the recoil lug though. $290 is a chunk of change for a mount and a couple of scope rings......

Did you bed the mount?

At least we do not have snow down here in Tampa. They did have snow in Northern Fl last week. Some pretty icy conditions in the Pensacola and Tallahassee areas though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the paid version of Strelock.

Awesome reticle collection, both in FFP and SFP.

It has a truing feature if you don't have your own chronograph.

Uses the gps to get elevation and weather data which are useful when you're zeroing. It's cheap!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, mine didn't have any gaps front or rear, I used Night-force rings and 20 moa base.

·
Administrator
11,088 Posts
No, mine didn't have any gaps front or rear, I used Night-force rings and 20 moa base.
You sure? Not even a microscopic variance? I'll probably bed it just to make sure that I can't blame that if my shooting really sucks. :)

The Badger also has the 20 MOA offset as do most others. Just trying to find the best for the least dollar amount.

·
Administrator
11,088 Posts
Badger is definitely the best and the way to go!

PS: didn't realize you're local. We'll have to organize a FNF shoot sometime, or something...
It will probably have to be at the Manatee Gun Club. The only local range with a 1000 yard lanes. My old range in Lakeland got closed (Teneroc) as the state did not renew the lease early last year. It was nice, outdoor and there were about 24 100 yard rifle ranges and 21 various pistol ranges from 7 yards to 50 yards. Now locally, there are only indoor ranges that suck at places that suck like Shoot Straight and the like. You know, places where it is dangerous due to the dip ****s that do not know the first thing about gun safety or range etiquette. "Dude, is it OK if I point my gun at you???? Doh!!!!" My local FFL has a little indoor range of about 25 yards. Great for pistols but not much else.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts