FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
FN...only available if someone that has a 20S wants to sell it...

After use... I actually prefer the regular 17 stock and traded the 20S stock off...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FN...only available if someone that has a 20S wants to sell it...

After use... I actually prefer the regular 17 stock and traded the 20S stock off...
Yeah, I emailed FN to see about purchasing one. Thank you for the info, I like having a few options

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yeah, I emailed FN to see about purchasing one. Thank you for the info, I like having a few options
They won't sell you one...well...they didn't a year ago...only if its a warranty replacement...too many SCAR SSRs/and TPRs are being sold to .gov units...

·
Registered
135 Posts
There was one OEM selling on the forum for a cool $1k. The KRG is currently the closest aftermarket you can buy. It is very well made and is lighter than the OEM. You can also get a folding version (the OEM is fixed). The other major difference is that the aftermarkets have an aluminum base plate, and the OEM has a polymer plate. The polymer is designed to absorb the force of the SCAR's very heavy BCG. So, if you do go with an aftermarket stock you are advised to make a few modifications to your 17s including a softer buffer pad and beefier rear receiver screws.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Makes sense on the 20. Do not see the appeal on a battle rifle like the 17. Don't waste your money. That's 25% of the cost of a complete 20S... just save up until you can buy the complete rifle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts